Sucker...

If you know me, you know I can NOT stand thumb sucking. H does this. And because banding together to help her drop this nasty habit seems to be impossible (I've tried, no one seems to have a problem with it), she's going to end up with buck teeth ( which her dentist has already told her is going to be a problem if she doesn't stop asap) or spaces between her grown up teeth. Watching her ruin her teeth like that... drives me up a friggin wall.

Now, I was reading on a chat board, a lady posted about her son finding his thumb finally and how she was so proud of him. He's 2 months old. So many people chimed in and were like, Yayyyy, good job buddy!

Uh, are you friggin kidding me? You're PROUD of your kid starting his first habit, one that probably will be the hardest habit to break? Really? Maybe it's that they have never seen a kid go through it... I don't know. Maybe it's a "Well I did it when I was little so I don't see a problem with it" type thing. (This would be Babe's excuse not to help her stop). I don't get it though. It's not healthy, it's not cute, it's not something I want my kid to do. So this leads me to one of the biggest hurdles I'll have to face...what if my son "finds" his thumb? I will have a VERY hard time with this and will do whatever it takes to avoid him turning out like H. I just won't have it. I know, that probably sounds evil, mean, wicked...whatever. I'm still not putting up with it. I'll put that sour stuff on his fingers so he keeps them out of his mouth.

I'm already an evil mom. :)

1 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Mean Mom's are the best! Go evil girl!