is tattoo's. I don't understand. I have a few friends that are truly addicted to getting them and I just don't see the appeal. They're so permanent. What if your style changes? What if something traumatic happens to you that this thing is a constant reminder of? I just don't understand the appeal.
Apparently though, it's addictive. My mom has a hummingbird on her shoulder. She got it when she turned 45 I believe. Maybe it was 50. She's cute. But still I don't get it. I mean, maybe when you get older... you get it knowing darn good and well that you've loved "XYZ" design for 20 years and you aren't going to change your mind. But at a young age? Doesnt' make sense to me, marking up my body like that.
That said, I do have my ears pierced twice on each side and had my belly pierced twice. I miss my belly ring A LOT and the only reason it's gone is because I'm incubabying. IF I can get my belly back into shape again, making it look like a nice flat tummy again... I'll put the ring back in, or get it pierced again perhaps. But not until I'm sure my stomach is in good shape, really good shape. If I can't get it back , so be it. I'll go without the ring. It's more for me, than anything. I mean, I don't wear mid-drift shirts to show it off...
Still...tattoos... you can't "take them off" if you need to. The thought of punching my skin a billion times with a needle and ink...uh... No thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ya know,...... I got my tat at 50! I'd wanted one forever! You're right..at this stage of life, I pretty much know what I like and don't like. I really can't explain why I wanted one...just the artfulness of them I think. I've always been an artsie-fartsie kind of gal. Curious huh??!!
Yeah, one day tt'll be covered in tats. LOL
No, not curious at all... not enough to experience it myself!!!Ha!
Yeah, you and me both ETK... Matching tats. :)
Mine will say " I <3 tweb"
ha ha---I Love what ETK's tat will say!!
I wanna be there when and if you ever get one K? It's such a rush!