Potterheads... huh?

So yeah, I get that Harry Potter is a fantastic movie, fantastic book, great story all around, but what I don't get is why people line up outside of the book store for DAYS on end waiting for the last book to come out. I just don't understand it. Why not just wait until the day of, and then show up? I mean, you'd think they would have printed enough of them to go around, no? It's not like the PS2 (playstation) that Sony, like a snake in the grass, only released 100K of them to cause such a ruckus and then to turn around in a month to release the rest of them. Or Blackberry...they released a new cell phone/blackberry...and then a MONTH later released a kick ass version of the same thing with a camera phone in it. They ship TONS of these books to stores across the country. And not to mention, you can go on amazon.com and order it and have the damn thing shipped to your house for delivery tomorrow am.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Hummmm....it's sort of like waiting in line for tickets. A friend of mine and I, got in line at 1 p.m.on a Friday to be first in line for tickets to the....ready for this??...WWF!!! That went on sale Saturday morning at 8 a.m.
    Well, it's actually the WWE now...We got seats on the 13th row! Woo-hoo!! It was 20 degrees during the night but we had a blast! Did you know that if you put 'Hot Dam" in hot tea it's actually good!?  

  2. Tweb said...

    You are so cute. Hot dam? LOL...

    Sooo... who was your favorite wrestler at the time?  

  3. tt said...

    The Rock of course!!! He's still a hottie in my book. I don't usually like that "slick" body look but on him...delicious!!!!