Another first day..

I feel like we've gone through our fare share of first days with sitters. Today is the first with the Nanny and I've already bugged her twice for updates. So far so good. I think I'm going to love O. Hopefully monkey likes her (notice I didn't say "love"? Cuz he needs to save the love for me! ) This week will be a real test, to see if she can stick to his nap schedule and keep track of him the way I'd like her to. Seems like she's got a pretty good handle on it so far.

Before I left, I said to her "O, this is your first true test." and she looked at me pretty concerned, wondering what I was going to say next...

"Does this jacket look okay with this outfit?"

She laughed and said she loved the white with my outfit. And she was right. Passed her first test. Usually it's Babe that gives me a thumbs up or down, but he had already left for work. She's got some style, worked in retail for almost 4 years, so I think I should be able to trust her. :)

We had a great weekend, by the way. Lots of quality time together, playing with the little man, watching movies.. or rather, A movie. Watched The Lakehouse with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. Don't know that I'd go as far as saying it was a great movie, but I did enjoy it. Far from the movies that Babe usually rents, more of a romantic comedy with an odd time travelish twist to it.

Booked our rooms in Florida... and now, counting down the days until we leave the frozen tundra! It's actually not bad today, but it's expected to get nasty over the next couple days. Ahhh.. 18 days.

I was supposed to have a business dinner tonight but it was canceled. Yay and boo at the same time. Happy that I get to go home to the monkey, but sad because I was hoping to get out for a nice dinner with my guys here at work. A glorified happy hour. Eh, the lender is sick with the flu so I don't want any part of that... better off this way I suppose!

Damn, better get some work done since I'm leaving in 30. Sorry for such a lame post today. I should be able to come up with better stuff tomorrow... after all, Tuesday is my favorite day of the week. :)

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    That's it? That's all we get??
    and not even a wee pic of the outfit in question? pfft!
    Ok...I'll be patient....for a day or so.  

  2. ETK said...

    Yeah - why no pictures? AND - what about an update? How did L & O's first day go?