My monkey..

Today is his last day with the sitter. The nanny starts on Monday. She came over last night and watched him for 2 hours so we went to dinner. You know, so she could get a feel for being alone with him and to maybe trigger any questions she may have. None. He was sleeping in her lap when we got home. She was afraid to move him for fear of waking him up. And she had to pee. Ha. Cute, she's a real sweetheart. Her mother called her from Russia on Wednesday to go over a few pointers for taking care of a baby. You know, be very gentle and careful walking with him cuz he's a weeble wobble. I just thought that was so sweet

Last night he slept from 9 - 3 and then until 5:30. Only up twice. So why was I up almost the entire night then? Cuz he grunts. He's my little grunt monkey so every time he'd grunt, my eyes would pop open and I'd check out the video monitor to make sure he wasn't awake or scratching himself.

so sleepy... and I have my company holiday lunch today. Which means a heavy lunch and alcohol. I'll be ready for bed by 7.

Oh, and my poor husband is getting sick. His whole office is sick. He sounded like shit this morning, woke with a sore throat. I hate when he's sick... I just want to baby him and take care of him. But now, I can't really because I have to take care of the monkey and pray to all that is good that he doesn't catch Babe's cold.. or me. Because I"m still BF, I can't take any drugs for it so I pretty much just have to hope I don't get it.. Keep your fingers crossed for me and the monkey!

My barista wrote "Hot goodness" on my mocha today. He usually draws smiley faces or stars on my cup. The goodness was funny. Monday I plan to tell him it was delicious.

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Hot goodness....that was cute.
    It sounds like your Nanny will be a good one. Do you still have the cleaning lady too? Damn, you're one papered,hot goodness little
    Chica aren't ya?? Good for you I say! It's deffinitely your turn!

    No!!kisses!!for the Babe untill hims gets better...that sucks big ones! You've got to think long turm right now. The Fl vaca is around the corner ya know. Sucks to think someone might be sick for that.
    It's 8:30..you sleeping yet?  

  2. Tweb said...

    Nope, wasn't sleeping!

    I think Babe is getting better. And I think MAYBE we both made it out without catching his cold. Monkey has a stuffy nose, but that wasn't one of Babe's symptoms so I'm not sure. We shall see.

    Yeah, still have the cleaning lady too. But, we'll see how long either of them last. WHo knows!!!