Not as in, foreign language... check this:
Why must we start a sentence by saying: "I mean, ....... ". when it's not necessary to state "I mean". I don't get it. "I mean, it's like I hear this all the time." You mean? Or it's like? huh? Confused. You're putting too many words in your sentence. How about, I hear this all the time. Doesn't that work?
Or "Like I was saying, >>>>." Uh.. you weren't saying anything before you opened your mouth and said "Like I was saying, >>>."
Or: I heard this in the news last night "The reality is, I hope she ran away, but I don't think that's the case." How is that the reality? Babe pointed that out to me and he's right... There's no reality tied to that statement. It's how you feel, you jack. You should feel like a real moron for saying that on national TV. The REALITY is that a good percentage of the viewers, will have absolutely no clue, how ridiculous that statement is. :)
I'm going to do my best to make sure I don't say, I mean, or Like I was saying (unless of course I WAS just saying, but certainly not the first thing out of my mouth.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)