So back to work today... sitting here in my office... and it all seems so normal. Like I never left.
Except the smell... I swear it's gotta be my shoes. I think this is the first time I've worn them and they have that mudwater wet smell... but picture this: I take my shoe off, sniff it, inside and out...nada. Smell my foot... nada. Im perfectly clean.
So this leads me to wonder what in the hell went on in my office while I was out! It stinks in here! And now, I must disinfect...
I'm going to say I'm starving only because I promised Babe I wouldn't call for another update on the monkey until after lunch. So there you have it. I'm starving.
It took me approximately 3 minutes to remember why I hate my commute into this town in which I work... They don't use turn signals here. They stop in the middle of intersections and they back up while on the phone, with their big ass cadillac SUV's.
And why didn't anyone tell me that WHole foods finally opened up!~?!?! WTF!?!?
My mother told me that if I had told her a couple weeks ago that we were in a daycare bind, she would have offered up to come up here in a heartbeat and sit for him.... Uh... this coming from someone who's held him 4 times in the 4 days she visited. I just don't see it. Why do people commit to things that they know will never happen? "Oh yeah, I would have done that for you if you would have said something." "Oh darn, had I known..." C'mon, spare me. If you'd like to do something nice for me, talk to me. Give me real advice. Tell me real stories. Act like you are YOU, not me. I love you, but I don't need to hear that stuff. Watch, I will call you out on it down the road and you'll come up with some excuse as to why you can't come up here and help me out. Just like the trips you've canceled. I'm used to it. Sad, but true.
God this office stinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"I'll be right there",she says wishing it were true....if only she didn't live so far away.....
~**snif-snif**~
Ummmm, how come Monkey's pic looks squished? LOVE the tongue action !!! too cute.
I don't know why it's so squished. I'll have to get a different picture for it.. we'll see.