Babyness:
So it occurred to me that I'm not your typical mom. Yeah, really.
Sleep patterns... creating a sleep pattern for your baby - start the process at 3 months. Uh.. I don't want to. I like that he's falling into his own sleep patterns. And no, I don't mind that he still gets up 2 or 3.. sometimes even 4 times a night. I don't mind at all. He grunts, I take that as a signal that he's about to wake up... I change his diaper, feed him and put him right back to bed. I don't think this is bad or wrong. I think it works and I'm good with that.
I think he's a good baby. So does the babysitter. :)
Today was easier. It still sucked, but it was easier. When I picked him up last night she was holding him and he looked at me all confused. "Hey, that's my mommy... but I just spent the whole day with this lady... I'm confused." And when she handed him to me, he smiled and rubbed his face all over my sweater. You know, his way of expressing how much he missed me is to smear drool all over my sweater. And I loved every single second of it.
When we got home, I realized that he smelled like the babysitter. Good and bad. Good because that means she's been holding him and playing with him (who wouldn't, the kid is so stinkin cute), but bad because he kinda stunk. So... bath time had an all new meaning to it.
He napped less and ate less at the sitter... which is to be expected. When we got home, we hung out for a bit, I kissed him a LOT... we ran out for diapers and he passed out. Gave him a bath later and he passed out again. He was exhausted from his big day.
For my morning checkup on him, he slept longer, ate a ton more and was a happy cooing baby in the background. That's so damn comforting.
Others:
My office smells still. It wasn't my shoes. But it still smells like sweaty cheap leather shoes in here... I"m not okay with that. I've already cleaned every surface including under my desk and my drawers... it still stinks. Must get air freshener!
I'm on my own for lunch today. I'm thinking starbucks and a trip to Express. Momma needs some new jeans that don't fall off her ass!
My floors... hardwood... in my home... are driving me INSANE, they're so creaky. They look great but they suck as far as creakiness... boo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm soooo glad the sitter is working out and your comfortable with it! Also, I agree about the sleep pattern. See, the thing is...you're the Mommy and your 'gut' tells you things and you listen. Kuddo's to you I say.