*!*!*!*!*!

I feel like Smurfette today and it's not because I'm wearing blue. It's because my heels keep squeaking oh the carpet. I know, the two have nothing in common, except that's how I feel. But my sleeves are really long so that makes me happy.

Valentines Day... well, do you celebrate it or not? I can't seem to be able to answer that. I would love to say yes, I expect to get something really special from my husband and son this year, but I don't think that's going to be the case. Is it just a hallmark holiday? I don't think so, that's "sweetest day'. V-day has some significance, but I still can't decide if it's worth the hoopla. I can't help but think back on the billion heart shaped boxes of candy I bought my mom throughout the years... you know what I'm talkin about, the ones that have unidentifiable substances inside, some pink, some yellow, some "chocolate" colored. Even the flavors aren't enough to reveal what is really hiding inside that chocolate shell. My poor mom. I guess I'll be experiencing that with the lil man. Hopefully he's a sweetheart like I was :) and is thoughtful enough to think of me during Valentines day when he's a lil older. Some kids are all about memememememe. When I was a kid, I remember getting my "birthday money" early (b-day is on dec 27th) so I'd go shopping and buy my mom Christmas presents with it. She'd end up getting replacement glasses because I broke one of the set during the year, or I'd get her new pots and pans because my brother put mud in one of them, making it hard like cement and ruining the pan.... Hopefully my son is that thoughtful. It wasn't until I was probably 12 or so that my mom figured I should start spending the money on myself so she wouldn't give it to me at all...she'd take me shopping. And of course, I'd insist it was OUR shopping spree. Good times.

I smell like maple syrup. One would think I scarfed down some pancakes or perhaps waffles this morning. Sorry to disappoint but it's called Fenugreek and it's an herbal supplement to boost BM production. One side affect - you smell like maple syrup. Sweat, head, even my hands smell like syrup, anytime you get warm, the aroma of maple syrup arises... nice huh? Anyway...I'm trying to keep up with the lil monkey, which has been fine up until now because I pump the same during the day that he eats while I'm at work. It's important to me to breast feed until he's at least 6 months old. So actually I'm stockpiling so when we go on vacation without him in April, there will be enough to make it through the trip. Granted, I'll probably have to supplement with formula but we'll see.

So yeah. Maple Syrup. That's me. And in ONE WEEK, I'll be in florida, smelling like a lot of maple syrup because it's going to be warm there. YAYY!!! I can't wait! So much so that I bought ANOTHER swimming outfit for the monkey. I know... it's ridiculous but they're soooo stinkin cute! Orange swim trunks and a t'shirt to match. I can't believe Babe hasn't told me to stop buying swimming trunks for him. He's got 3 pair now. Oh he's going to be the most stylish baby on the beach! Yayyy!!

Ugh, I'm so excited I can barely focus today.

And it was REALLY hard to leave him this morning. I dont' know why, considering that he threw up inside my shirt this morning. My fault. FEd him and was bouncing him around, BLAHHHH, right between the girls, dripped down my belly. Hey, it's either milk scent or maple syrup. Take your pick. :)

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    LOL.......when I read that struff boosts BM production I thought..huh??? she's having 'bowel movement' problems??? LMAO!!!!!! Then it hit me....  

  2. tt said...

    You are/were the bestest daughter in the world. I think you probably still are. What are you sending her this year??  

  3. tt said...

    We really don't indulge in the whole V-day thing. Lovee gets me stuff all through the year...cards,gifts, written notes and letters..so by the time V-day rolls around it's just another day to me. I LOVED the things the kids brought home though!!! Wait untill you get a macaroni necklace or a plaster handprint...good things for sure!