Randoms

Florida - right around the corner. Ahh... the lovely tt reminded me that I should be soon smelling the surf... I'd love to say I'm starting to smell it, but really all I'm smelling is the salt and snow and fog that is my lovely state right now. Bleck... Great day to be working, though.

So bathtime is fun. Lil monkey loves to splash and smile and he actually enjoys being in the bathtub. Well, it was fun for me too. I like that. A lot. It's a good bed time routine. Except... well, last night he found his.. um... thingy... in the bath. OUCH! Dayum kid, don't pull it off! And once those hands go down to the nether regions, it's like they don't belong anywhere else! they only fit in his crotch now.. go figure. And I couldn't help but laugh so he thought it was funny and well.. you know where that led. Positive reinforcement. Man I have to work on that...

Saturday night date night - Babe was given tickets to a Chicago Storm soccer game for Christmas by his sales team. And while it was nice to get out, just the two of us for date night, the soccer was less than impressive. The "stadium" was small and they actually play on astroturf! Hellooooo, fall and rip your skin off! Anyway, it was a good time for sure despite the fact that it was 45 minutes away from our house. I think we're going to start doing date night once a week, just cuz we can and it's healthy. Forgot what it was like to go out with him and not worry about when the next feeding is!!!

Shopping for the monkey. Hello tweed! OH. MY. GOD... I was trying to shop for summery clothes for the lil monkey this weekend with my good friend K. She babysat him on Sat night..and is probably the only person on earth that I trust to stay with monkey overnight. She'll be watching him when we're in Mexico in April. (breaks my heart thinking about leaving him for a week.. but I digress...) We tried to find shorts and stuff, but when we walked to the back of The Gap... we found some KILLER deals on winter clothes. Um, not sure if they realize this but it's STILL winter up here! Woohoo! So I found these great little tweed pants for monkey. I HAD to have them.. $4, thank you very much! I wish I had one of those adorable tweed hats for him! Yes, pictures will come as soon as I get to dress him up again. O dresses him every day now. I leave that for her to do, make it an event.

K came up on Friday and we hung out all night and the next day. I really love spending time with her, she just cracks me up. She's the epitome of "it is what it is". She calls it like she sees it and doesn't ever "turn it on" for anyone. She's just 100% genuine, which is cool. And even if she's not 100% genuine, you can't tell so it doesn't matter. Oh, and she's funny as all getup. Which puts her over the top. That witty humor, I can't get enough of. Great weekend with her. And she scored a great Columbia jacket this weekend for CHEEEEEEAAAP! I love that!

Review.. yeah... I have to go do mine now or I don't get a bonus! LOL! Good times!

Some pictures for you to ooohhh and aaaahhh over, courtesy of my amazing friend K:
So we start like this, can't get just the one finger in there so jam them all in there:
Or this:
Which causes cheeks like this:

So Mommy prefers this:Seems so much easier on the cheeks!

Here's H:
Smiling while he's asleep... gotta love that:

CHUBBY Hands!!!
And of course, I love the yawns...

This might be gross to some, but I found it hilariuos...I actually caught a sneeze! And yes, it makes me laugh that there is drool flying out of his mouth!

That's it for now... as if that's not enough...

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    H is really a cutie! And I LOVE rubberband wrists and chubby hands. just yummy! don't you wonder what they're dreaming about when they smile like that? I'm thinking...bewbie food. ;)  

  2. tt said...

    Date night...yay!!!
    whatever or whereever it is...doesn't matter, as long as you're together connecting as a couple right? Well, nice entertainment would help tho...ever had a car picnic???I may tell you about them sometime...then again...maybe not. Just use your imagination. ;)  

  3. Tweb said...

    You're so cute... I'll use my imagination, cuz I'm good at that!

    I just love his chubby parts! He's got the chubbiest thighs ever!