Full Moon

Okay, so I forgot to mention this. I swear, it's the moon that is making people act all friggin goofy. That Bizarro world I was in the other day, well Sunday was no exception.

Background: My wedding. I didn't have a bridal party. DIdn't want one. I had 3 flower girls, that was good enough for me. So, I asked a friend, who I looked at as my BFF, to come to my wedding and be with me like a MOH would be that day. Stay with me, drink with me, kick people out of my room for me... fun stuff like that. Well, she said yes. And then, dropped off the face of the earth. She RSVPd yes. She told me she booked her flight. And then she disappeared. She never came to my wedding. I can't believe how bad she hurt me. Totally broke my heart. Luckily, someone else stepped up and helped me out, even though I didn't ask her to...she just did. Anyway, it took this girl an entire year to contact me and apologize and even then, she didn't have an excuse! I figured that it was a total loss at that time and couldn't surround myself with people that don't love me as I love them so I put no effort into spending time with her. She invited me to lunch one day, I invited her to Heather's Halloween party... that was pretty much it. An email here and there. I knew the friendship was dead and if she wanted to come close to a relationship with me, she would have to do all the work. I'd be open to it, but I wasn't giving her my heart as I did the previous time. Needless to say, we haven't spoken in probably 6 months.

FF to Sunday, I get a text from her. Out of the blue. Miss you, we should get together soon, go bears.

WTF? Seriusly? Two friggin nutjobs that ruined our friendships because of my wedding, both contact me within a 3 day period? Why do they want to be my friend all of a sudden? Both of them decided my friendship wasn't worth...well, my wedding. And now... ugh.

I am blaming the moon.

0 comments: