The Fam.

A friend got me thinking today, about my childhood, my family and some of the traumatic things that have happened in my world. Strange that I turned out this crazy and not more so.

I miss my cousins. They're such lost souls. It really is a shame. I have to call my brother. I miss him too. My problem is that, well hell, it's so hard to talk to everyone. I feel like it's my job to pull everyone back together, like lacing up the Zorc family shoe. That's not as easy as it sounds. It's actually like one of those thigh high lace up boots, which NO I do NOT own.

That's such a lame excuse. I don't know if I'm up for anymore drama. Does that mean I love them any less? Nope. Love em all the same. Love em down to the bonez.

When I was 14, and people would ask me why I'm so mature, why it seems I'm such a young adult, why am I an old soul... I would tell them that I had a choice growing up. I could follow my brother down the path of drugs, gangs, violence.. pure craziness which is the path that most lower class kids take these days or so it seems. Or I could take my own path, finish school, do something with myself that didn't involve that negative world... and that's the path I took. So when I hear these lazy ass kids saying "I had a bad childhood and that's why I can't seem to hold down a job or make something of myself." well, I can't help but think, Hey Fuck you! I grew up on welfare. Just me, mom and my bro. Times were more than hard. I never had the luxuries that most kids these days do. But you have a choice. Take the easy path and be a total fuckup or work hard for something. It ain't easy. And yes, because of all the crazies in my life, I have these random thoughts... But, I embrace them because they make me who I am. I'm a fighter. I'm smart. I'm lazy, but in a good way. I'm happy. I'm healthy. And I have a lot to be grateful for, which wasn't handed to me on a silver platter, that's for DAYUM SHURE!

*** getting off my soap box ***

1 comments:

  1. Beth Kearns said...

    It's nice to hear someone else call those people lazy. I agree. I worked my way out of the poverty that both of my sisters now live in. They are lazy, there's no other way to describe it. They blame it on various other things that are a result of their own poor decisions, nothing more.