Shhh, quiet weekend!

What a great weekend. I spent it all.by.myself. Yep, Steve was skiing and I was relaxing! Happy hour on friday, a whole lotta nothin on Saturday. Well, not true. Had coffee late (because I actually slept in!!) Lunch with a girlfriend, went back to her place to see her bathroom, which I'm in love with. fantastic colors. So, that meant, I had to drive into the town I grew up in. This girl, is fantastic. She's a wonderful friend and probably the only girl I have ever met that will NOT hold back when she's thinking something. She once called me out for giving people hugs. Yes, I hug everyone! But then she quickly realized, I hug her too every time I see her so she felt a lil stupid. I think that was fueled by my ex roommate but whatev. All is good and she's the one person left in that town that I talk to still.

She's so sweet. Married to this guy who is beautiful and sweet and wonderful. His father owns a ton of rental houses and he pretty much does all the upkeep on them. They moved recently into one of his apartments. It's small, but cute. It's about a block away from the jail in a pretty shady part of the neighborhood.. I worry about her. Thing is I wouldn't worry about me walking through the ghetto. It's where I came from. Now, the hubby probably wouldn't allow that, but I'm like "eh, no worries! These peeps are my neighbors!" when in reality, I should be scared for my cute little life.

that little trip sent me down memory lane. I'm okay with that and I almost drove by all of the billion houses that I lived in while in that town... I didn't though. Why? Because here I am with my big fat diamonds, my freshly spit shined Jeep cherokee, my "libertyville" ass hanging out in "the ghetto"... every time I go back there, it makes me happy. I love reliving all of that and going by my old high school, houses, friends houses... but then I start feeling really bad like I feel like I'm better than that place. I don't feel that way at all but once you move out of that town, you are pretty much disowned by anyone who still lives there. It's the way it goes. They never leave the town to come visit you and they never invite you to come hang out at the local watering hole. (can't believe I just said watering hole). Anyway, it's just this guilt that they force you into. Especially because of the town I live in now. It has the image of upper class, snotty, rich folks... which is partially true, but not 100%. I don't know. Why I put myself through those guilt trips, I have no idea. But I do. It's who I am. And I don't think that I would be this cool if I didn't. :)

Whoa, Gwen Stefani is coming to town... Just heard that on the radio. Dammit, I swear I need some new friends. I want to see her soooo bad and yes... don't be a hater, but I want to see Christina Aguilara too... She's not as raunchy as she used to be, she's more soulful now and I love that. Love that old vintage sound. And wouldn't you know it, I have not one friend that would go with me to see either of those shows.

That sucks.

Could I jump from subject to subject any more? Back to my weekend:

Sunday was so damn productive that I feel like I could take a week off. I put plastic over our living room windows. They were very drafty. I might have to add, I did a damn good job of it.

I painted the basement stairwell.

I cleaned.

I paid bills.

I reconciled credit card statements.

Oh, but best of all... because no one is around to remind me to eat, I made a point to make myself a pizza at 7. So I put the damn thing in the oven, go downstairs to move the clothes from the washer to the dryer only to find that the hose fell out of the washer tub and flooded the laundry room. Good times. So I cleaned that up... and of course, burned my friggin pizza! LOL

So much for dinner. I'll make Steve make it up to me tonight. After all, he was the one that wouldn't let me help put the damn hoses and crap together on the thing! (Nothin but love for you baby)

0 comments: