Went to the grocery store during lunch. Interesting world, daytime grocery store that is. I'm pretty sure that 99% of the people in the store were 3X my age. Pushing a shopping cart was like playing the slowed up version of Frogger. A field of white haired shorties. Like herding sheep almost. Or cats. Herding cats. They weren't very cooperative, like cats. And no one smiles. What is that? If someone smiles at you and you cant muster up enough energy to smile back dammit, at least nod your friggin head. Is that so much to ask? Otherwise, don't make eye contact!!

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Did you know that Wal~mart has what they call the "10 foot rule? " Whenever an associate is within 10 feet of someone ( in the store) they are supposed to acknowledge that person...nothing fancy just a simple 'hi' or 'hello'. I've only witnessed it maybe 10 times..and I'm there almost everyday. I personally like to walk up and down the isles and wink at everyone...it makes people crazy.  

  2. Tweb said...

    That's a great random fact about Walmart. Can we report people for not saying hello? I'd write a letter.

    And I'm completely going to practice my winking for my next visit there, but my question is... why do you spend so much time there? I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend that much time there, unless you work there, but other than that, they usually resemble a zoo, full of ppl that don't speak english. Depending on the city, you get polish, hispanic, ghetto (which I'm fluent in, just ask ETK)  

  3. tt said...

    There is absolutely NOTHING else to do in the little-bitty town I work in when my lunch hour rolls around. Well, there is a Dollar General but I it's even more crowded than Wal~mart! When we're not having an Arctic blast I sometimes go for a walk and breathe in the lovely aroma of gas fumes from the Hwy ( which I actually like at times but that's another story)or I just go to the Wal~mart and pick up whatever I remember we're out of. The excitement at lunch time is limited only by my imagination....