HELLO! Happy Superbowl day! Why am I so excited? Well, outside of the bears being in the big game, of course it's for the food! I'm making meatballs and Steve made a bean dip. But, at this party, there's going to be GOBS of food!

Not to mention the pre-game bloody mary party I sorta got together for my house today..shhhh... gotta pre-lube.

alright, on to recap the wine tasting party. Harvey & Beth... such nice people. Harvey's from England and Beth, we'll she's just crazy for marrying that damn chelsea fan. Nice home, two beautiful little girls, Morgan and Cici. Oh, and by far the cutest baby butt picture I have ever seen. Morgan is NOT going to like mommy and daddy for displaying that one. I promise!

The party. We've been to I think it is, two wine parties before. A Sirah/Shiraz party, which was great. Each guest brings a bottle of each flavor of the party. They bag the bottles, number them, and give you a score chart. Loads of cheeses and finger food. Great time. This time, a bit different. It was a Pinot Noir/grigio. Yes, you heard me, a red and a white. Not JUST a white though... grigio. I don't like Pinot Grigio. It's like asking for the nicest mad dog or the finest bartles & James wine cooler. Bleck! BUT, I was a trooper and actually tasted all of them and picked one that wasn't completely repulsive... only because I knew I'd be visiting my dear friend Noir at the "red" table after I had done my duty at the white table. The deal is, pick your fave and the worst. At the end of the night, they give you these rings to put over the top of each. the winner of the best and hte winner of the worst, get door prizes. We didn't win this year. We did last year. This year though, I did score my Grigio as... what was it, Oh, it was "sweet crap". Oh, and my favorite thing is when there are accidentally two bottles of the same brand. They still bag em and you don't know they're the same kind... one of them we scored as too much alcohol with a strong nose. The other, which was the same was, nice nose, not very alchololy. Yes, we used alcoholy. But then again, one was at the beginning and one was at the end so my exuse was: I was drunk.

So all in all, it was a great evening. Very happy we went. As usual, it's nice to see Harvey and Beth. Oh, and Beth's crazy girlfriend and her Bears hating husband. Which, I figured out after verbally abusing him for about 20 minutes, that he doesn't really hate the bears. He just likes getting a rise out of people. He's not a fan, but does enjoy the entertainment. Especially out of his wife. She told me they'v gotten into many fights about it... odd... but it works for them so more power to em!

Well, that's enough psychobabbly for now. I have to get in the shower and get ready to start the pre-game festivities!!!

Oh, and on a negative note, I think my hot tub is frozen....literally frozen. I couldn't get the lid off to check on it. Uh oh!!!! Not good! (that's okay because now, it'll be that much sooner that i can get a BIGGER one!! Yippee!!)

Ciao for now.

T

0 comments: