Life has such a funny way of reminding you that you're not in control. I was going to be productive this morning but instead I have too many random thoughts bouncing around in my head that I'm trying to put together into words. Like the saying, what is it, you're only as strong as you think you are... or You're only as strong as other people think you are. Does that even make sense? I have a friend. I think she's an incredibly strong woman. Apparently that's only on the outside. But isn't that what counts? Strong on the outside, soft on the inside? It's like an M&M. Hard candy coating to protect it from the elements and soft milky chocolate to satisfy the taste buds. the hard candy coating isn't what makes the M&M, it's the inside. To the candy man, the hard candy coating is important. But you and I both know that what matters is the way that chocolate tastes. So personally, as long as that hard coating keeps the chocolate safe, I'll always say that I love that coating. Realistically though, what matters to me, is what is inside.
That's how I say it. Random. But me, all me.
Back to that life thing. It's so unpredictable. You can never be prepared for your fate. But I think that you are only given as much as you can handle. (I don't have to remind anyone that I do love the cliche's, do I?) Maybe it comes down to us only taking on as much as we can handle. Those that are weak, will give up. And they'll forget. And that's fine, because everyone is different. Those that are strong, will never forget, and never give up. Not even for a second.
Is one better than the other? Not even a little. And I think we all have a choice as to which we want to be.
I know which one you are....
Posted by
Tweb
at
12:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think some of us will keep you guessing...Just for our amuzement
LOL
Have you been visiting my brain? I think it's amazing that so often when I've read something in your blog, I have had a very simular thought. Seriously...I don't feel like I'm as ..ummmm,.. I'm at a loss for the word..ummm.. weird, I guess, in my thought process as I used to.When I was younger I never gave things much thought..I was always a flighty, fun-loving, take-a-chance kind of a girl. The older I get and the more experiences I have with ppl, the more I conjour up thoughts.
Enough ramble for now..
Thanks.
We may have to revisit this obsession of yours with age. Not now though.
So tell me tt, how does this make you FEEEELL???
Some will keep me guessing, yes. I like that. It's like fuel for my random thoughts.
:)
Oh, and P.S. I was in your brain just the other night. Sheesh sista, you need to do a little housekeeping! Perhaps... a little blogging might help. Hmmmmm....