So apparently that "Fat" feeling wasn't strong enough to stop me from eating a bag of cheetos before lunch. I had a salad for lunch, does that make up for it? (yes, it had chicken, blue cheese, bacon and all sorts of other "healthy" stuff on it, that still counts though, right?)
My job is such a clusterfuck of paper pushin circle jerks. That's how I feel sometimes. Today would be one of those days. My co-workers/bosses are fantastic... it's the people I deal with on a daily basis that are really...uh, interesting. One girl emailed me asking for contact info...which was already listed in the trail of this email she forwarded to me. (She also mixes up the words advice and advise. "I'm looking for XYZ info asap, please advice. " in her emails. Seriously. ) Another one, I've been contacted by several different people, most of whom I've never met, regarding a report that I'm working on. Too many hands in the cookie jar...or too many cooks in the kitchen...whichev. GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN! sheesh people...
On a lighter note, we went to pick food up at Portillo's today. A very strange woman walked up to the counter and asked the server girl for her food. When the server gave it to her, she started mumbling "Guuurrlll, whatchoo comin all up at me like dat. For real, you don't just do dat. Where the rest of my food? Guurll you bess go get your boss and gimme da rest of my food. Shoooo... all sneakin up on me like dat. who she think she is? I'm all sick and don't need no crap... shooo..."
I will tell you that it was so hard not to laugh out loud at this girl. She was so animated and so ghetto that I thought she was joking. The guy I was with, couldn't understand a word she said, which made me laugh. He's too white boy Iowa bred to speak Ghetto. Good times. My husband would have appreciated that.
Posted by
Tweb
at
3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You do GREAT Ghetto!
Where did you pick that up?
why thank you! I grew up in an area that was a little less than desirable... it was ghetto. I've had my fair share of gangs, drug dealers, gun shots, vandalism...
It's funny because people are surprised when I tell them where I grew up. Apparently, I look really "white" or corn bred. Truth is, my best friend in the whole world was african american.