Poor Men

I feel so bad for my husband. He's got to be patient and understanding of something that even I don't understand. I wonder how many men actually stay sane while dealing with this craziness. Maybe I should start reading into the stars and the world falling off its axis, because that's pretty much how I feel. Maybe the world is on and I'm the one that's off kilter. Why does it always have to be someone else's fault, like the world? Thats not really fair. Not like it can fight back. Well, if it did, that wouldn't be pretty so lets try not to piss the world off, okay? So for now, I blame me.

I miss the sun. And as it has been pointed out to me, tt, I need the sun on my shoulders and sand in my toes. Okay, NOW who is in whose mind? If I had a choice, I would vacation every time, somewhere that made that possible. But no, in 2 weeks I'm leaving the snowy climate for another snowy climate. Yes, skiing. I don't even ski. But I'm going to give it another whirl, just for shits and giggles. That AND three weeks after we get back, we'll be heading down to Florida for the Grand Prix of St. Petersburg and I CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!! Sand, cocktails, sun, bevy's, boat, beer, more sun, and repeat. FL makes it easy to go skiing. Also, I'm a gaper. yep, that's me. I could sit and look at the mountains for hours because they're so beautiful. I'm not ashamed. Maybe I should try to figure out my damn camera before we go. Good idea. Either that or go buy a new one! Yeahhh!!! Retail therapy! I'm working on that with my mom when she gets here, in TWO DAYS!!!!

So back to my craziness and my husband. So last night we decided to head out to dinner, somewhere we wouldn't run into anyone and we could just talk to each other. I don't know what I need to snap out of this funk, but I tell ya, my man is wonderful because he's trying everything. He's not over doing it, but he certainly is trying. I feel like his little experiment. He's trying to figure out how to manage this crazy gray matter that I have. He's pretty good at that. Man, can you imagine if my husband was like my "fixer". He's like my mental handyman. He diagnoses the problem, Winter blues, feeling fat, feeling dumb, and he does his repairs, tweaking this peabrain of mine, POOF, all better! Now THAT would make him even more perfect.

Back to dinner. Mexican. My fave. It was a great dinner, great conversations. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I was in a really great deep conversation where both of us were talking, paying attention and both of us were really enjoying each other. Now, we usually have pretty good conversations but I think because of my current mental state, he was trying a little harder and that made all the difference. Maybe I'm just an attention whore. That's highly likely.

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    OMG!! I think we're living parallel lives. You've described what has taken place between my Lovee and I for as long as we've been married. It melts my heart (whenever I finally get my mind off myself) when I notice he's taking extra measures to perk me up. He'll even say" what can I do to help you babe?" Ahhhh...nothin, it'll pass I say. But he keeps trudging on. But you know the funny part? It happens to him too. And when it does we just reverse rolls. I must admit I'm the pampered pet in this relationship. It gives him pleasure to pamper me wo why fight it?!! Yours sound very much like mine!
    Geez, what if I'm your future? Now THAT'S a crazy random thought for ya.  

  2. Tweb said...

    Huh. Now THATS an interesting thought. You're me, like 4 years from now. LOL, old bat.

    Boy, that really does get the wheels turnin, doesn't it? LIke I needed MORE random shit floating around up there, thanks tt!