LONG weekend. where to start?

How bout Friday. I met up with a girl I've "met" online in a wedding planning chat room. Well, not so much wedding planning anymore, but anyway... I met her for the first time in person on Friday at Charlie's Ale house and OH.MY.GOD is she beautiful! Not only is she beautiful but she gives excellent hugs and in my book, that tells a lot about you as a person. I love her. If she lived closer, she would be my BFF, she would have no choice. I left the restaurant that night smiling because she's so great. Oh, what sealed the deal? We were walking to the parking lot and I showed her where my jeep was, I said "there's Fred". She's like, "You name your cars too?! No way, my Grand Prix's name is Lilly" And THAT made me love her all the more. Yes, Lilly the grand prix. I love it!

Saturday - The super secret date, which had changed from his original plans: We had a great day. It was perfect. We shopped all day long, with proper lubrication of course. He kept giving me hints, trying to throw me from his trail, which I was no where close to knowing what was going on. It was a lot of fun. And in the evening, we ended up going to the usual restaurant for dinner and then off to BEERFEST! Yes, a beer festival. It was great. I don't drink beer as much as most people but this is a festival that we're never in town for and always want to go to. This year they were sold out and he somehow got tickets and it was a blast. There was this"band" Pat McCurdy or something like that. He's this Irish dude that sings...but he's more like a comedian. The guy was hilarious. Good times all around.

So that was the super secret date. Telling people about it, they're like "are you serious? that's it?" but he knows that these are the kinds of things I like going to. Even though I don't drink beer all that often, it was a fantastic time.

We watched the Oscar's last night. I do love me some Ellen but there wasn't enough of her to keep me interested in the show. But yes, I still watched almost the whole thing.
Today though, I'm tired of hearing about Jennifer Hudson. Yes, she's great, yes, she won, shut up already!

2 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    You are just trying to make me jealous about your new BFF!!! It's working! :)  

  2. Tweb said...

    I am. :) You're my BFT, silly girl... c'mon. no one could replace you!