Since my mom is coming to visit, I've been thinking a lot about my childhood. She is such an amazing woman. Poor as shit too. We grew up in a less than desirable neighborhood, me my mom and my brother. On Welfare, nonetheless. I don't know how she did it, really. Got herself a job, put herself through school and worked her ass off to get off welfare and give us a better life. Thing is, I don't remember her ever being "serious" work mom. She was always the mom that was so easy going...
One day on the way back from somewhere, can't remember, we're driving in our HUGE Plymouth. Brownish-green of course... and I had to pee. Bad. My mom told me that if I didn't go before we left, I'd have to hold it. So she started teasing me. And we were both laughing, but I HAD TO GO PEE.
*sidebar - I was 7 or 8 maybe and sitting in the front seat with just a lap belt on. yeah, things were a little different then.
So she made me get in the back seat. I asked her why and she said "I don't want you peeing on the front seat in case someone has to sit there." MOOOMMMM, I'm not peeing in the car! And we laughed and joked and she was soooo funny... she made me pee my pants. Literally. And there I sat, not so funny when you have pee in your pants... I remember that waddle walking into the house to change my clothes. She was laughing so hard that she could barely breathe. I think she sat in the car crying, she was laughing so hard. Esp seeing me waddle into the house so quickly, fearing that my brother would see me and I would never hear the end of that!
I love my mom. I have so many stories like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too funny!!
Squirt time for me!
Thanks for sharing.