Ever do something that's so beyond embarrassing that you can't recover from it? Here's my story:
The girl I took over for in my company, worked in a large office building down in the Loop (downtown Chicago). I drove down to talk to her about all the properties I would be taking over for her closings.
Picture this: Building is tall, sky scraper, complete glass front lobby area. Two rotating glass doors surrounded by marble floors and walls. Very sterile. I would imagine on a sunny day around noon, the sun shines straight down onto the street and the lobby looks like an open air lobby.
We finish our training and head out to lunch. Down the elevator, into the lobby where there are what seemed to be, quite possibly half the population of Chicago, sprinkling through the revolving door like flour through a sifter. I'm in mid conversation, turn back to give her an expression (You know, to make sure she got what I was trying to say) and turn around JUST in time to smack my head on the outside casing of the revolving door. SMACK! Yep, right int he forehead. So there I was, with a decision to make. Do I A. bend over in the obvious pain that's shooting through my skull, grabbing my knee which hit the glass at the same time, ignoring the hordes of people looking at me like I came into town on the short bus or do I B. sweep my bangs over my forehead in a sad attempt to cover the obvious 3 inch long red mark that has instantly appeared (probably accompanied by a huge knot), pretend I hit my knee harder than my forehead, pray to god that no one saw or heard my brain smashing against my forehead and continue talking.
Of course I went with B. She freaked out and I gave her my best "No really, I hit my knee harder than anything, it hurts like hell." argument. I'm sure she didn't buy it. Hell, I didn't even buy it. Sitting there at lunch, tried my hardest to ignore the fact that I know she's staring at this huge red mark on my forehead, it was difficult. Shooting pain, I very well could have had a concussion, but my pride was too bruised to give a shit. Thank god she was leaving the company. How do you recover from something like that?
Posted by
Tweb
at
3:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Damn girl!! I've only got so many doses lift in my squirt! I'm still wheezing from the belly laugh I got from reading about your ....ah..incident. I've got a HUGE clumzy streak myself. But yours takes the cake fo sho! It's Friday, I neded that,so thank you!