I'm back on the banana wagon.
I went through a phase where I hated them. The texture mostly. For some reason, I'm okay with them all of a sudden.
This weekend could quite possibly be the best beginning weekend for the summer. Saturday I got my hair done and hung out with my man, the weather was fantastic... out with the neighbors sat night. Sunday, we slept in again. Headed out to lunch were we had a couple margarita's, watched what seemed to be an innocent flirting bartender, talk herself into a very awkward situation with an overly pushy customer. Turned into one of those "Give me your email address and I'll let you know how I really feel." moments... uh yeah dude..she's got a kid, claims to have a boyfriend, leave the girl alone already!
ugh, stupid men. I hate that. Trying to be nice to a customer and they take it the wrong way. What is even more difficult to sit by and watch is this girl, young, attractive, great personality... why is it that when you're that young you don't have the ability to say "I'm sorry, but I don't give out personal information to customers." but rather they say "Well, i don't really check my email that often... I have a boyfriend... " blah blah blah. Why beat around the bush?!?! You're not obligated to give this guy anything but a drink, sweetie. Ugh, young and dumb.
And on the other side of the bar (mind you, we're in a semi-hillbillie area, farmers, county areas where the kids do... uh, "other" things to entertain themselves than the normal city or suburban kids do) sits 4 guys. My guess is that they're in their early 20's, big boys, country boys. Stuffin their faces with "the best shrimp they've ever had" and sucking down 22 oz miller lights. We're at a "fine" road house establishment, complete with peanut shells on the floor. "best shrimp ever" is probably a bit of a stretch, but not for these country boys. After pounding a couple rounds, these big boys finished their food, and said something that really sounded like it was either out of a movie or will show up on one of those "Oops, I accidentally killed my brother" shows.
Brother 1: Man that shrimp... it was the breading stuff.
Brother 2: I told you it was good. You owe me a beer.
Brother 3: Man, I wanna go shoot my gun now!
Brother 4: Yeah! Lets go do that!
Brother 2: Okay, I'll stop and get a case of beer and meet you back at the house.
Uh.... I'll wait for that one to show up on Jerry Springer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There will be a new defense for that accidental shooting....instead of the "twinkie" defense it'll be the "shrimp" defense..too much breading or something...ha
It sounds like you were in my neck of the world.