I slept without my earplugs last night. It was an accident. I think that's why I'm so damn tired today, didn't sleep deep enough. On the other hand, I did wake up a couple times and was tempted to put the plugs in, but Babe wasn't snoring too bad and it was raining. I LOVE sleeping to rain. I think that's the norm though, most people do.

Either way, I'm tired as all getup. Canceled a lunch today too because I don't have the mental capacity to handle this loud talker. Not only a loud talker but a loud laugher. Instead, I'm going to therapy. Retail therapy, that is. Don't get the wrong idea, I'd never subject someone to the inner workings or lack there of, of my gray matter. That would just be cruel. I actually don't want to go shopping, but if I don't, this day will drag on forever. I need a break, despite the cruddy weather.

I rec'd an email from an old friend of mine today. Neither of us live in the town we grew up in, thank god. He informed me that the main drama queen and her sister, BEAT UP their mom's boyfriend. Speechless? Yeah, that's how I felt. Excuse me sisters, but you're both 30+ yrs old, both of you have kids/husbands... People at this age still fight? Are you serious? Could you BE a little more ghetto? WTF is wrong with people? THATS the kind of shit that just blows me away. And just one more reason to thank my lucky stars that I got out of that ghetto. I'm too old for that crap. Hell, I'm too old to stay out past 11! Miss my 10:30 bed time and there's hell to pay. :)

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    I never would have pegged you as an ear-plugger. Interesting. I'm one of those who can't sleep unless I hear his snoring! I associate it with him being home which make me feel safe. He was gone so often during the early and middle parts of our marriage. It would take me months to learn to sleep w/o the snores...then he'd come back and it would take me maybe a week to get used to it again. I know he's alive when he snores...lol...that's a huge comfort to me. lol  

  2. Tweb said...

    It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't couple the snoring with the cuddling, which, because we fit so perfectly together, puts his mouth, right at my ear.... uhhhh, I love you baby but you're rattling my brain! Gimme my ear plugs!

    and of course, I have to have SOMETHING touching him. A Toe. A Hand. A butt. A knee. Whatever, as long as I can feel him there, I'm all good. Sleeping alone, no earplugs, too scared I won't hear the boogy man coming into my house!