It's a beautiful day today. Sunny... maybe a little too cold for my liking but it's still pretty out, nonetheless. That is, for now it's beautiful. Later, we should have thunder storms which I LOVE so either way, I win! AND I get to go out for the most delish Mexican dinner tonight!

Dinner last night was fun. I told my dear dear friend C. I do love her to pieces but sometimes... just sometimes I want to tell her to shut up. See, it started out as her being excited for us and saying, I was going to say, man, T needs to lay off the beer! Okay, that's fine because I have a baby belly now and I'm perfectly okay with that. BUT, then there are the other comments. "Would you trust your mom to leave the baby with for a weekend? I'm only saying because you know this baby is going to change your entire world and those vacations you two go on is going to have to come to a complete stop, you know. It's going to be hard to have one on one time with your husband."
NO SHIT? Really? You mean, I won't be able to up and go on vacation anywhere at the very last minute? You're kidding! I hate when she gets into that mode. Hello, I'm not an idiot. I know what raising a child entails and I'm ready for that. I'm ready to give up this rockin bod of mine, I'm ready to put those vacations on hold for a couple years, I'm okay completely changing my life for this because both me and my husband are completely ready for it! I do not need you trying to scare me out of having a baby... it's a little late for you to be such an asshole.
Don't get me wrong, she's a very good friend, a very nice person and a very trustworthy friend. She just gets in these "motherly" modes and I do not respond well to crap like that...at all! My mom is laid back and does not throw those "I certainly hope you know what you're doing" kind of toned comments at me which I can't stand!
Other than the little comments, we had a delightful dinner and watched the bachelor which was a lot of fun, good clean trashy entertainment. Who doesn't need a little of that ever now and again? It's hard to understand how she can be such a great friend and have those comments. We really do have a great time together, we just need those 2 minutes for her to get it all out. I think that it kind of stems back to her daughter who is a total fuckup and is now living with her because she can't get her shit together well enough to take care of herself. Her daughter either didn't take her advice growing up...or it wasn't very good advice. Either way, she gets in that defensive mode, almost as if she's skewlin her daughter, with me and I have to manage it and write it off in order to get to that friend I know and love. She's lucky to have me. :)

1 comments:

  1. tt said...

    I have a friend like that..it's a head-scratcher at times. like you said, you let them get it out and then move on to another subject. funny.