sssssssssssssssssss

I have a friend, J. A great guy. A really great guy. A policeman, the kind that you look at and go, You really shouldn't be a police officer because I can't imagine you actually arresting anyone. Sweet guy. About 3 yrs ago, he was in a terrible car accident. Some dumb bitch (of course without insurance) crossed the center line and hit him head on. He pretty much died 3 times, was brought back and pretty much broke every bone in his body. Yes, he was on a VERY long road to recovery, but he was alive, which is what we were all thankful for. Well, almost all of us. His ungrateful bitch of a wife, who just had their 2nd kid, was barely there for him during his 2 months in a coma, and his entire year in a rehabilitation/hospital care facility. My friend C and I were there the whole time. Bitch. He can barely walk, comes home to find out that the bitch has been cheating (not sleeping as far as we know - emotionally ) with a high school sweetheart. They go through counseling, he keeps her, she's still an evil bitch that keeps a diary that he's been reading, knowing full well that he sickens her, he still keeps her. Well, my friend and I stopped talking to him pretty much because he was "settled" with her and apparently didn't need us anymore. So, he started calling again recently. Now, dont' get me wrong, I do adore the guy and completely think he believed he could save his marriage and live a "content" life with this woman.... we just didn't buy it and he knew that. I respect that he needed to do his own thing and try to work it.... Well, now he's calling again. Why? He caught her cheating with another guy!

Ugh, evil rotten money grubbin bitch! He "rescued" her from a white trash lifestyle and introduced her to a middle class life, giving her everything she's ever wanted and this is how she treats him.

Well I missed his call today and want to call him back but my friend C wants to be on the call too. We have different approaches when it comes to telling him how we feel. I sugar coat everything because I know he's sensitive and I don't want to hurt his feelings. She on the other hand, is the exact opposite. She comes right out and tells it like it is. I respect that, but I don't think I could do it on my own... I'd like to talk to him and get the deal by myself without her listening in and form my own opinions, but I don't know how to tell her that I don't want her on the call with me!

Why can't I just say, leave me alone, I want to make the call alone.

Ha, figured it out. Told her I was just going to get the story and not offer up any advice, maybe talk to him at a later date to tell him what I really think... which means, hell I don't know. Oh the drama!

* just got off the phone with J. Man... what's wrong with dudes? I mean, some of them, the nice ones usually, just lay down and take it. I'm sorry, but I may have to tell him that he needs to move forward without her, or without my friendship because I won't be there to support him through "therapy" this time. He deserves better and if he wants to remain in a toxic relationship like that, more power to him, but not with me by his side. GRRR!!!

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    I actually ended a friendship w/ a gal b/c she was too involved with drama. Every little thing became drama and the really big things were major catastrophes. It got too hard for ME to listen when everything I offered to her was pushed aside..almost like she liked, no...needed the drama in her life. I finally quit calling and quit returning msgs...and she quit too. I often think about her, but I can't bring myself to start up the relationship again. I didn't realize it at the eime but reading what you said hit me between the eyes..toxic! That's it in a nutshell. Too heavy.  

  2. Tweb said...

    I love the guy to pieces, but he'll never remove himself from this and I can't just be a sounding board. If you really have issues with this, then do something about it other than bitch about it...  

  3. tt said...

    Exactly!!!!!!!!!