Dinner fun.

Okay, so my Babe loves spicy stuff. REALLY spicy stuff. It's cute, until he's cooking and makes the entire dinner spicy like that. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spicy, but his spicy is burn your tongue spicy. Mine is just make your nose run spicy. So last night I made Kielbasa and Zataran's Jambalaya... chopped up some onion and green peppers. He asked me to pick up some new hot sauce at the grocery store, something not mass produced... Okay... no problem right? Well Jewel doesn't exactly have the greatest selection of "oddball" sauces so there were two to choose from. One had chopped carrots in it and that just didnt' seem right to me so I moved on to the other, which states in the directions to use ONE drop at a time and it's not recommended for someone with heart or respiratory problems...

So what does Babe do? Sit down for dinner, open hot sauce and proceed to dump at least a teaspoon on his dinner. ( I sat there watching, waiting for it... ) And THEN it happened... so hot, he had to put his food down and suck on an ice cube. His lips turned bright red, circled around his lips, looked chapped, eyes watering... could barely speak... I laughed. I know, I'm mean, but it was funny. He likes spicy and finally.. FINALLY something was too spicy for him! He had to get a new bowl and start over! He's too cute for his own good... But it goes to show that sometimes you should at least BROWSE the directions before assuming that you're man enough to handle it. LOL He's plenty man enough... he just used enough to sauce up an entire pot of chili.

Oh, I do love that man and his hot sauce. :)

1 comments:

  1. tt said...

    That was a good belly laugh!! Almost had to get my squirt!! LOL
    Poor Babe.....Men!