Long week.

This is going to be one of those, I'm sure.

The weekend was fantastic. Well, Saturday night and sunday were fantastic. Saturday during the day was H's birthday party, thrown by her mother of course. Here are some of the highlights:

  • Big blow up jumpy thing
  • Clown
  • Slushy machine
  • Ice cream truck stopped and gave all the kids ice cream (arranged by mommy dearest)
  • Cup cakes
  • Pinata
  • Goodie Bags
  • Face Painter
  • Mini hot dogs and dino-nuggets served for food, IF the kids felt like eating
I'm pretty sure her mother went out and ordered up anything she could think of for this party. Then she said to me later in the day, "Thank god I only have to do this every other year."

Uh, newsflash honey, I'm done with the birthday parties. If H wants to take a handful of friends to Great America next year, no problem. If she wants to have 4 or 5 girls over for a sleepover, no problem. A party? Not going to happen honey. I've done my duty trying to give her a wonderful party and from the lack of appreciation... it won't be happening again. So no sweetie, if your little princess wants to have another party next year, it WILL be you throwing it, not us. Period.

We left the party and went out to the movies and dinner. Date night, if you will. It was fabulous. We saw that movie Knocked Up and it was hilarious! Then off to a late dinner at Big Bowl and home for the evening. I love date night. :)

Sunday H's mother dropped her off around 9 and we worked in the yard All.day.long. We ripped out flower beds and put down 360 sq feet of sod. Yes, I'm sore today. But my yard looks sooooo pretty! Got rid of all the nasty weed beds out there, which was all I really wanted to do. My sweet Babe did so much work, laid down the sod after I ripped out the weeds, he water sealed the deck too. Oh, finally, the yard is coming together! Then I made him some dinner and finished up the laundry... and CRASHED at 9pm. Sore and tired.. good times. GREAT weekend.

Get this, I'm half way there! Wednesday we find out how healthy this lil Monkey is and if it's a boy or girl! I can't wait! So the week should drag on because I'm in a hurry for Wed to come. Funny, no? No, not funny. I can't believe I'm 20 weeks along. Just 20 more to go, 140 days. Crazy! And I think I started to reallly "pop". Everyone that I saw this weekend was like, Whoa! Look at that belly! I'm like, well, being half way there will do that to you! And laying on the couch last night, Babe had his hand on my belly and the baby kicked him! It was soooo cool! He's like, Wow...baby's happy you gave him that ice cream hun! Yep, baby likes ice cream. Who could blame him?

6 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Ok, maybe I'm old fashion but that seems a wee bit excessive for a Birthday party. I totally agree with you about what you'll do. I mean really, come on!! I'm so glad H will have a sibling. It will be good for her to learn that the world, unfortunately, does not revolve around her.
    I can see a big blow out for a milestone birthday. Like going from 12 to 13 and the big "sweet 16" and of course the grownup 18 and then the ever waited for 21. But at her age...come on! I think you'll have to be the voice of reason for H...Lord knows "mommy" won't be.  

  2. tt said...

    I can't wait for Wednesday!!! I found the most fabulous "mommy gift" this weekend!! I debated for ever about if I should get it for you. Then, I just said" Hell yeah, tweb 'needs' this...it'll be absolutely perfect-o!! Totally cool! My sisterlittle seconded the motion so it's a done deal! YAY!!!

    Glad your weekend was so good. I hope you have lots more. :)  

  3. Tweb said...

    Did I mention the slushy machine? Yeah, one of those too.... I swear, if H mentioned it, her mother got it for her.

    Not me. No sir. Not gonna happen.

    Big birthdays, maybe, but I'm sure her mom will do the "norm"... 12 - 13, probably get her a blackberry to replace the cell phone she gets at 9yrs old. 16, of course the brand new car. 18... an apartment paid for the entire college career, no dorms for her princess.... 21 - a house maybe?
    Who knows? The thing I do know is that Babe and I treat her like a normal kid, not this rich, I need "stuff", spoiled brat that her mom treats her like. She gets her normalcy from us...

    Ha, That's scary!  

  4. Tweb said...

    Wait, even sisterlittle agrees about this present!?!?? Well NOW I can't wait for sure. I hadn't realized it was a tag team decision... :)

    Is it a breast pump?  

  5. tt said...

    You'll see my sweetcheeks, you'll see!
    ha  

  6. tt said...

    Oh...btw----------Yes, it is tag team season and..Tag, you're NOT it! Nonnie-nonnie-boo-boo...
    :)
    :)