*********

Saturday was a busy day. Babe convinced himself to not go to cycling class, with a little help from me of course. Feeling needy and wanted him to hang out with me. So we went to get a bagel, some coffee, drop off the cleaning, grocery shopping (to make guac later for the Cinco de Mayo party), home to shower, lunch and then off to H's soccer game. Good times of course AND They won! I can't even believe how well H played. She actually looked like her fathers daughter... I know that sounds odd but she's not the most coordinated kid and she actually made a play that impressed the entire sideline. So much so that they all gasped and clapped... She was the talk of the game. Good times. 2 - 0, their first win! Go Red Roses!

After the game, we headed home to do a little cleaning and make guac for the neighbors party. I headed over early to help them set up as they weren't exactly ready for people to get there on time. I had to run home and find out where Babe was as he was supposed to wander over earlier, but was no where to be found. I expected to see him laying on the couch watching TV, when I actually found him... DOING LAUNDRY!!! I know, right? So I rounded him up and brought him over to the party.

Lots of food, which is good for me, pinatas - good for the kiddies and beer - good for everyone else except this preggo. Oddly enough, I don't miss beer, it stinks. Now I could have totally gone for a margarita, but had to stick with the frozen virgin margarita's that all the kiddie were drinking. They had a game that the neighbor made, Pin the wig on Britney. They blew up this picture of Brit in one of her rages, with her bald head. Then she cut out wigs on construction paper for the kids to pin like pin the tail on the donkey. Good times, except the picture actually scared me. That girl is freaky.

So the exes were there. Yes, plural. Babe's ex and our neighbor's ex, both brought their significant others which was good. Except the part where we got stuck talking to babe's ex...er rather we got stuck listening to her talk about a 1.9 million dollar house that she went to look at today. That was embarrassing to have her talk talk talk about that around our neighbors who live in houses worth 1/4th that. Babe is right, all she cares about is "stuff". Expensive "stuff". She would probably kill for that house. She's probably not going to get that with the guy she's with now, but whatever, take what you can get, I guess. And why is it that when she's drinking and we're in a social setting that she's got to poke him? It's the strangest "I feel like kicking her bitch ass" thing. She pokes him. His shoulder, his tummy, his chest... usually only happens once per occasion but still, step off bitch, you had your chance. :) She left at 9:15ish. Thank gawd.

I then realized how boring parties are when you aren't drinking. Good gravy, it's fun to be drinkign and people watching, but when you're just standing there with a belly full of mexican food and virgin margarita's... it's BORING! So I went home around 9:30. Tired and cold. Babe came home around midnight. He had a great time... and he managed to behave himself, for the most part. Love my manz. He was braggin to everyone about the 15 week old lil monkey he's got "cooking" inside me.

So, yesterday was such a fantastic day. Woke up, went to get my coffee and get my poor hungover husband a bagel. When I returned, I realized, Brit brit was hanging on my front door! Good times! I walked across the street to survey the damage. It smelled like beer over there. Good signs of a good party. Everyone was pretty hungover. I'm sure they loved my chipper ass! LOL.

After chatting it up with the neighbors, we headed out for what turned out to be a terribly expensive shopping spree, but well worth it. Out to lunch, home to do some projects around the house. I love spending that time with Babe. It was a perfect day!!

That evening we ordered pizza and watched Freedom Writers. I love movies like this. I thought it was a great movie. Very "Dangerous Minds" or "Lean on Me" ish. Good stuff.

I need another day like yesterday. :(

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Yay for you!! You so needed a few good days like that! Carry on...have more...and when you're not preggers anymore...kick the bitch's ass!
    Ex's can be a total pain!! Lovee's was for YEARS..but then all of a sudden she got nice. Hum..odd really.  

  2. Tweb said...

    Babe's got a little nicer once she got a boyfriend {read: she started getting laid}

    She's still crazy evil and thinks for no one but herself.

    Whatev. My life, my husband, our happiness!