I find it so strange that I'm 15 weeks pregnant and have only known for 3 weeks. Feels like forever ago that I found out which means, time is slowing down. I have a feeling I"m going to love being pregnant when my belly starts to pop out a bit. It's getting through the first part where you just look fat or rather, thick. But my boobs look phenomenal! LOL, thanks lil monkey.

Crazy vivid dreams lately. Swimming pools, neighbors moving out of the neighborhood, parties... and then of course Babe waking me up during the middle of the night. He's a flipper. Drives me nuts. Today is the day I do research on mattresses. I need the one that won't bounce all over when he moves. Wakes me up every time. I'm a light sleeper and wear earplugs because he SNORES. So when he bounces all over the place, he keeps me up. And I don't need that now. I barely have enough energy to make it through the day as it is. So today, I research beds.

I have been going back and forth in my pea brain about something... a controversial topic, that I'm not even sure where I stand, but... It's a test. A test that you take at 16 - 17 weeks along. A fetal ultrasound and blood work. The ultrasound would check the babies neck and see if there are any abnormalities in his development and the blood work would check for the extra chromosome that carries downs syndrome. Usually, they only push for women over 35 to have this test because that's when the risk starts, 35 and up. That or you have a family history with genetic diseases, and a couple other "risk factors". I'm paranoid that I did harm to the baby not knowing I was PG for so long, and I'm still not convinced that it would be nearly impossible for me to cause a defect, but still. If the blood work came back positive, then I'd go in for an amnio at 22 weeks I think. The amnio scares me, just the idea of it, but it confirms or denies the downs possibility. Thing is, the blood work has such a high rate of false positives, that it's almost worthless to do if you are plannign on doing an amnio down the road. And if you do find out the baby has a defect, then what? Your options, termination or prepare for a handicap child. Now, I understand that I am a worry wart and probalby put too much thought into "what could happen"... Babe thinks we shouldn't worry about it and 70% of me agrees with him. And that is me fighting the worry wart, trying to understand that it is what it is. I believe in fate. 100%. Love is love *irregardlessly of how you bring it into this world.

* I love using this "non-word". We actually pay guys in the office if we catch them on a conference call and get them to use it in the call. Good times.

Talk about heightened senses... in line today at Sbux, this lady walked up behind me and a woman behind her. The woman behind her made a comment about the huge line and the woman behind me said something along the lines of "I know, I'm here every day at the same time and never have this long of a line." The volume of her voice, nearly made my ears bleed. Maybe not even volume, but pitch... I'd rather listen to someone scratch on a chalkboard. Speaking of which, I think that whole chalkboard thing is ridiculous. I really think the sound isn't that bad but we've all been conditioned to think it is horrid and gives us goosebumps and drives us nuts as a kid. I think it's a crock.

Speaking of crocks, I hate those things.

Anyway, and the other day, I could hear the guy across the hallway eating a pastry for breakfast. Made me want to go strangle him. Perfumes, knock me on my ass. Well, except a handful of them, which make me want to stop the person walking by and ask them what they're wearing. Everything is louder and smellier.

4 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    I hate crocks too. Hate them with a passion. Why? Why did someone inflict those on the world?

    oh yeah, you should hear the chickie next to me. with her loud squeeky whiney baby voice - that's PUT ON. She has a childish sounding voice, but it's not THAT bad until she exaggerates it - WHICH. SHE. DOES. ALL. THE. TIME.

    You'd strangle her.

    Beds - you should TOTALLY look into a tempurpedic. Or even just the mattress pad to start, since it's CONSIDERABLY cheaper. YOu might even want to consider a king size bed. God, the room is amazing!!!! As much as I love my baby - sometimes I dont' even know he's in bed. That kind of rocks. :)

    I have absolutely nothing good to say about the test though. I'm pretty wishy-washy on it. It'd be super scary to see a false positive though. I mean, what would you do? Actually, if it were me, I'd make a list of the things in my life that it would change if I were to take the test and get (1) a postive result or (2) a negative result. I.e., would the result actually effect a change in me and what I (we) do? That's how I'd go about it. But I'm anal like that. :)

    I support you whatever you do!  

  2. Tweb said...

    I love you ETK. But you're not supposed to post comments until I EMAIL YOU! LOL

    I'm so checking out that bed... but does a mattress pad do THAT Much to stop the bouncing around?

    Heh, if you want, I could strangle her for you. I'm annoyed just listening to her description. Reminds me of Office Space and the receptionist there.

    I think we're not going to take the test. With the false positives being so high, me not having any of the risk factors in my life or Babes, I just don't know that it's worth putting myself through it. I could change my mind though. I do have 2 more weeks to decide.

    The list sounds like a great idea, but I fear that the only thing that would change our lives is if we ended up with a positive for that downs chromosome, which could be a false positive. That would send me into a panicky downfall of stress that I don't know if I need to put myself through. Just have faith that it will work out in the end. I don't know, I'm torn still.  

  3. tt said...

    For what it's worth.......
    I vote no.
    In my experience, most 'moms' have a sense if there is something wrong w/ the baby. You haven't mentioned a feeling of doom yet so I'd say it's just your worrywartness taking over. Which is normal too. I think the best thing you could do is read the book" what to expect when you're expecting"..It's chalk full of really good info.
    Plus...even if you have the test, how much would you really trust it knowing there could be so many false positives?!
    Technology is great and has it's place but I'd just go w/ the flow and enjoy every minute second of your P.G.-ness. Take deep breathes and tell yourself" everything is fine cuz tt sez so!"
    :)
    Relax sweet girl, relax.  

  4. ETK said...

    Yeah, I don't know if the mattress pad would do that much. We bought the bed. So you should do that and be just like me. :-)

    Yeah, I guess with the list the point would be to think out loud about what you would do IF the test was positive only. HUh? Anyway, would you act on it? Knowing how many false positives there are? Would you do anything differently? I doubt it.

    Trust your gut.