I met Babe at a restaurant after work and had the best virgin bloody mary I've ever had. Oh god was it good! Made me feel like an adult again, instead of being the one person bellied up to the bar with water or coke in front of her. Felt good. I love listening to him talk about work. There's so much going on at his job that he comes home with an endless supply of extremely entertaining stories. And he's happy. Which makes all the difference in the world.
After having a couple "cocktails" we headed to the store to get the lil H some flowers and headed over to her mothers house where she was recovering from her tonsil surgery. She looked pathetic but just as she usually is, she was bouncing all over the place. Then she'd look at you with that pale face, sunken eyes and try to talk. She sounded like smoker, so pathetic and cute you just want to squish her.
Her mother actually asked us to stay for dinner with her, her boyfriend and her mother (evil grandma - seriously looks at you and you fear you'll turn to stone). That was a shocker but we politely declined as having mexican with my husband sounded so delicious I couldn't pass it up. As I sit there, drinking another fantastic virgin bloody mary (made by the boyfriend which was excellent... unless this is just my PG brain kicking in) I look around and see that she's trying so hard to look naturally comfortable around us all. (read: me) We were talking about the tux we just bought Babe (good lord he looks good in it) and I hear her ask him quietly while I'm in conversations with her boyfriend, What size did you buy? Did you have to have it tailored at all? Now, to most people, that wouldn't be anything strange to ask, but this woman pulls out every tiny little question she possibly can to get "inside" details or "personal" details about Babe that she can when I'm not "paying attention". Little does she know that I have "mother ears" already and hear everything that's going on, from her little "I've got to get close to you" questions, to the little fart she let out while eating strawberries. Yes, I heard it. :)
It really was nice of her to ask us to dinner. Maybe we're actually making some ground now. Thing is, we sat there talking with her and her mother while she literally ordered Tom around like he was her servant. Seriously. She was beating him like she's paying for him. Hell, maybe she IS paying for him, who knows? Babe said she's happy and that's all that matters, even though he totally felt bad for the boyfriend. And when I walked into the house to say goodbye to H, I said, Man you're just the little servant today, aren't you? And he asked me not to call him a servant (jokingly). I looked at him and said, T, you're holding a silver tray, making dinner. What do you want me to call you? We both laughed. The guy has a great sense of humor, but he's gotta see a change in the ex when Steve is around. She's always got to appear in control. I can't imagine living my life like that.
As we said good bye, H gave me one of the fuschia roses we gave her and then she went and picked one of her mothers flowers in a flower pots and gave it to Babe! It was hilarious, he's like, H you can't pick mommy's flowers like that! And he hid it behind his back as the three of us laughed at our little "inside joke". Good times.
Great night, Mexican food and Gray's Anatomy. Ahhh, yes, good stuff. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So weird. maybe that's the way most ex's act. Lovee's did the same thing. I think it's because they have issues. They didn't want "the other person" but they don't want to see that someone else does so they try to put on the see-how-nice-I-can-be-when-we-aren't-married-this-is-the-way-I-treat-everybody-now-that-you're-not-here-to annoy-me-all-the-time-and hopefully-I-can-make-whatshername-jealous!!"
Lovee can hear a knat fart a mile away..I con't hear one in the same room, but, I had exemplary hearing whenever 'she' was around.
I'm with ya sister!