Mind wandering

Alright, so if there's one thing that Babe has always said to me, with absolutely no exceptions... if my car breaks, blow a tire or something like that on the expressway, I drive my lil Freddy until it won't drive anymore, to get off the damn highway. No worrying about what kind of damage I'm doing, Sparks, whatever, I drive until I can GET OFF THE HIGHWAY.

Babe has a friend whose sister got a flat. She pulled over to change it and some jackass plowed into her car while she was changing it and killed her.

No exceptions. Rip the damn wheel off the car, sparks, doesn't matter... he doesn't care about $$$, as long as I'm not sitting on the shoulder with 80 MPH cars whizzin by me.

So this AM I'm driving and I see a car on the left shoulder of the expressway with it's blinkers on. And then about 50 yards past that, I see a woman walking down the expressway, back to the traffic. Good lord, Babe would KICK.MY.ASS. I came really close to stopping and picking her up. She was wearing medical scrubs and looked like she was a "normal" person (albeit stupid for walking down the expressway), but then I thought, good lord, he'd kick my ass if I even stopped to pick her up! LOL. And now, I can't help but think, I hope she's okay. People in this area drive like jackasses... seriously.

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Now that my comute takes me on a real hwy, I see stupid stuff like that every day. It shocks me actually. I saw a gal today that was weaving in and out of morning traffic and had 2 donut tires!! Both were on the same side.
    STUPIDO!!!!! Get the hell away from me!
    I feel sory for some ppl I see walking..imagining what if it were me senarios...but Lovee would, well,... the same as Babe. :)  

  2. Tweb said...

    Yeah, those boyz are smart. Smarter than us galz when it comes to that. We think, Oh, I'll just walk up here and get gas or wait at the coffee shop. And they think, Some jackass isn't going to be paying attention and take the most incredible person from me and I ain't havin that. Funny how we're all human but think so differently.