So, why DON'T we have black Jello?

I think perspective is a funny thing. I was in a semi-heated conversation with someone about Angelina Jolie and how she's running around the world, adopting children from other countries, paying no attention to her own country and the millions of kids that are homeless/parentless here... I of course took the side that I think it's wrong for her to "collect" children the way she does and another gal took the side of her doing a noble thing, helping these poor poor countries... Well sure, but what the hell about her own country? Ohhhh, I could go on and on... And then this AM I thought about Sheryl Crow adopting. She adopted from the US and I think that's great. Pay attention to your own, raise them well so they can grow up and do the right thing and maybe help these other countries in little ways other than trying to "save" one child at a time. Raise ours right instead of abandoning them. Sheryl may have paid a pretty penny for this kid, and there are a ton of anxious couples waiting to get a child from our country... money and fame buy you quite a bit and I'm not saying that doesn't suck for us "normal" folks, but it's better than ignoring the fact that maybe WE need help too, not just Cambodia, not just Africa, not just Somalia. The U.S.

Back to my point (hello ADD), in my conversation with this gal, I thought I plead my case pretty well and in my opinion, my side made more sense. Still, I'd be willing to bet that the other gal, felt the exact same way. She was a little more passionate about Angie... maybe a girl crush thing, but she couldn't let it go. I bet she walked away thinking she "won" that conversation.

But who's to say?

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    It's probably a draw..but i totally agree with you. The problem w/ adopting here used to be that the biological parents would change their minds a few years down the line and the courts ALLOWED it!! Imagine raising a wee one you thought was yours..legally, for, oh...3 or 4 years and then having the court reverse the adoption and you have to give the wee one back!!!! Shamefull!! I would have ended up in a nut house over something like that!  

  2. tt said...

    Black Jello??!!
    Yuck...that would make it like eating squishie Nips or something...licorice!!! Bleck!!!  

  3. Tweb said...

    Ah, that's right. Good point. I'd dare someone to try to repossess a child from a rich celeb though. That might be a tad difficult.

    What if it were like black cherry...why isn't black cherry jello black? I agree, black licorice... *GAG*