Freaky deaky. So this morning while I was beautifying myself, I was listening to the news. In a town I used to live in, maybe 15 minutes drive away, there was an awful accident. Flight for life was called in and they had to cut someone from a car. Craziness. I know, accidents happen all the time but they still make me ultra sad. That was the same intersection that my ULTRA Safe driver mom got into an accident because some prick ran the red light. Everyone was okay, but still... her truck was ruined. Anyway... So they had flight for life and I will tell you what is REALLY strange is watching the news, watching the medics put this poor guy in the heli to fly him to the nearest trauma center which happens to be less than a mile from my house... and then 3 minutes later, listening to the helicopter land at the hospital by me. THAT was strange. Made me feel connected to that guy and so sad at the same time. I'm a mushy one. That's for sure.
Let me tell you about a traumatic experience for me.... Babe took me downtown Chicago to see our jeweler. He made my wedding and engagement ring and is the most amazing diamond guy I've ever met. Well he's located on "diamond Row" in Chicago. The El train runs along his street so you park, pretty much under the train tracks. Well, we did our thing at the jeweler, went out for lunch, walked around and then headed back to our car to go home. That was when I Heard this loud crash and I thought, No way! The guys that were working on the el tracks, dropped a beam or something on someones car parked underneath!! NO WAY!! So we walked over by what we thought was a beam... it turned out, a man... jumped out of a, I'd say 16 story building, and landed on someones car.
I cried. And cried. And then when I saw some crazy scumbag bitch taking PICTURES of this poor guy, who is still alive, bleeding all over the place, I walked over and said to her, "You should be fucking ashamed of yourself. Have a little respect for crying out loud."
He tried to kill himself. They took him to a hospital that is the best in the country for major trauma patients. He'll probably live but with major brain damage and a body that will take years to recover. Makes you wonder, how bad does life have to get, to make you decide to jump?
Gruesome posts this am.. goodness... Better go change my tune and repost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We had a problem w/ ppl taking pics at accidents here. One circulated on the Net of a guy who ran his m-cycle into the back of a truck doing about 85 on the Hwy. His head was literally stuck into the back of the trailer w/ his body hanging limp. Too gross!!!! People have completely lost their manners. Fuckers!!!
Glad you spoke up! Sorry you cried :(
I love that you said fuckers! sometimes, i feel like I talk too much like a trucker... like I should only talk a little like a trucker.
"truck on sister!"