The east side holiday hotline. Oh geeze, it's funny. Its a minute or two skit they do on the radio in the am. This VERY hispanic guy comes on, gangster talk... does things like, how to make your Easter celebration the bomb with Vodka soaked watermelon for the kiddies. Today he was giving Paris Hilton advice on how to survive prison and one of his words of advice were to watch that wandering eye of hers. You don't want the wrong people thinking you're staring them down. LMFAO!!!! And he said that if someone says they're taking her for a tossed salad, it's not the kind that she goes out for with Nicole Richie, but she will want to throw that up afterwards LIKE Nicole Richie does. Man... that's funny stuff...

I wasn't going to talk about Paris Hilton because she's a waste of space. And I won't elaborate on her "visit" to "prison". It's too much of a joke to go into detail with her thinkign she's being a good role model. *Gag*

This morning was rough. It was actually fine until H and I attempted to leave the house. See, because she's such a picky eater, she eats lunch at school 4 of the 5 days a week. One of those days, she doesn't like what they serve so she brings her own healthy lunch consisting of 1/2lb of salami, cheetos, fig newton cookies, juice and whatever other junk her mother throws in there. This morning she says to me AS WE'RE WALKING OUT THE DOOR, Ohhhh, I have to bring a lunch today too.

Now, I'm about to blow my lid because she "forgets" this kind of crap all the time. Well, today just so happens to be the day where we have NOTHING in the house that she will actually eat. Nice huh? I told her that she's going to have to suck it up and eat lunch at school becasue we don't have anything for her there. If she had told me yesterday, that woudl have been a different story. So then she says, Well we're going on a field trip so we won't be at school today.

***Steam coming from my ears as I realize I have no choice but to go to the grocery store now.**

I just about lost it. Now, I didn't scream at her, but I told her that she can't keep doing this because now we have to make that trip to the store and everyones late to school and work. If we were already running late, and now had to go to the grocery store, she would have most certainly missed her field trip bus. She's got to take responsibility for this stuff. She cried. And this is what makes me worried. I didn't care that she was crying. I wasn't going to coddle her and tell her it was okay because quite frankly, it's not okay. The thing with this little girl is that EVERYONE coddles her. So when she does something wrong, when she isn't responsible, when she conveniently "forgets" things, she cries, they coddle and she completely forgets that what just happened, can't happen again. So I stuck my ground, didn't baby her.

She won't forget again and it's really hard not to hug her when she's crying. I wasn't mean, I didn't yell, I just let her know that it wasn't okay and that I wasn't happy. And I explained to her the time issue and had she been going on a trip in the AM, she would have most certainly missed her bus. So its not only for my sanity, it's for her field trip.

If you let her know you're upset with her, let her know what she did wrong, why its wrong, the consequences and how to fix the situation in the future, letting her know how it effects everyone around her, without babying her, she gets it. What's hard is that no one does this with her. She's a good kid, but when she screws up, she never has to take responsibility for it and never has to feel like its wrong.

So after the store, we talked about it and discussed how she can remember in the future and she was fine and ready to go on her field trip. And then she said it. "My mom is helping out on this field trip." *** Insert steam here***

I told Babe this and he got REALLY ticked. If her mother knew about the field trip, which obviously she did, she should have said something to him about it when he talked to her. Even if we didn't need to send her to school with lunch, we should know she won't actually be AT school. Then he said that she's probably bringing her lunch. ***More steam*** I can't stand dealing with this witch. This morning, I wish it would go away and I could pretend it never happened.

Then I pull in the garage, get ready to back into my spot (which is next to a guard rail so I have to back in or my door wacks it and to give the person next to me a little more room) and some jackass in his expensive Infinity SUV goes speeding behind me as I"m backing up. I slam on my breaks, honk my horn and get ready for battle. This isn't a morning he wants to fuck with me. :0
So I get in my spot, get my stuff and get out of my car. I stand there looking at this dude's car, waiting for him to get out and what happens? HE WONT GET OUT OF HIS DAMN CAR! Yeah, I'm like "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?" If you work in this office building, you KNOW how bad the drivers are here and he's LUCKY it was me and not someone else becasue I guarantee they wouldn't have paid attention and rammed right into him.

Sissy ass... I was ready to yell at him and take out my frustrations! Don't mess with this pissy pregnant lady!!! NOT TODAY!!!

Dayum...end of rant.

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    I think it's great that you are helping her to accept responsibility! Lord knows some one needs to. Good for you. It's a challenge being the 'step' mom... cuz 'we' can see things that some 'other' ppl can't. At least it was that way w/ me. Of course I'm basically a hard-ass so making kids step up was fun at times. :)  

  2. tt said...

    On the other hand, I'm impressed w/ how you aren't afraid of confrontation!!! Shit...I hope I never piss you off!! ;)  

  3. Tweb said...

    :) You're already on my list of peeps to not get in bitchfights with... no worries, hunny! I've always been the girl who isn't afraid to confront someone when they're being an ass... Babe hates this sometimes. Mostly when it's in area's that are sorta sketchy. Like where I grew up!

    See, the "step" thing, that's exactly how I feel! I can see the long term effects of what ppl are doing to her and how she needs to step up. And I'm not afraid. Call me a hard ass, but if you are a good kid, accept responsibility and try to learn the rules and what not, I don't care what you do, have a blast, be loud, be a "kid" and enjoy yourself. It's the bad kids I have no tolerance for!