I can't tell when I'm full. Usually I get the full feeling, the belly pokes out a bit... you know, the usual signs.
Not any more. :(
I worked in the yard this weekend. And I loved every.single.second of it. Mulch, pebbles and weeds, that was my weekend. It was beautiful out so I don't mind at all.
H said to me, which probably sparked my "I read someone's mind" post, that it would be cool if you could hear what people where thinking. I agreed, a little, but before I could tell her why I didn't agree, she had already talked herself in a circle and decided it wouldn't be a good idea because then there would be no guessing games. And we all know how fun guessing games are. Almost as fun as the way a child's melon works.
What bothers me: When we told H about the baby, she was in shock and excited at the same time. The next day, she didn't want to wear her t-shirt, didn't want to tell anyone about it or even talk about it. When Babe brought her home from school on Friday, she came right in, walked over to me and asked if she could wear her shirt to school on Monday and that she was excited and she loved me... What bothers me is that I know this action only happened because Babe talked to her on the way home from school about being excited and how she needs to be a little more sensitive to other peoples feelings. Pretty much getting her excited so she'd come over and say these things to me. Well, I don't need that. And I'm certainly not going to go out of my way and try to "win" her love or excitement for this baby. Babe seems to think I am being harsh, but hasn't really said that to me. I can tell though. I'm sorry if he finds it wrong for me not to kiss this little girls ass in order to get her to be excited about the baby. She'll either come around or she won't. But she'll do it on her own, either way. Everyone always caters to H, dropping everything for her and she has to understand that it's not always going to be like that, esp with us. Her mother and that side of her family, yes it will always be that way, just as it has been. And we, will remain the same as we always have been. Love her and play with her and pay attention to her, but I'm not going to "sell" this pregnancy to her. Tough situation huh?
Again, it is what it is. ( I feel like a broken record with that cliche but it's all I can think of!) Babe "gets" it, he's just having a hard time because he's so concerned with what H will think. She's a kid, she'll fall into place as long as we don't change our behavior towards her, keep her involved.
So that bugs me.
What gets me excited? The thought of my sex drive going up. *Insert naughty laugh here*
Posted by
Tweb
at
3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ya know, sometimes things need to be pointed out to wee ones. It's part of the learning process we all go through. Only ( as in 1) children, her age especially, sometimes have a hard time adjusting to the realization that they aren't going to be the center of it all anymore. Kids are very keen to know what having to 'share' means. Like when you all included her in your wedding ceremony....you did it so she'd feel like an important part of your family circle...same with a new urchin...
There's a reason it takes 9 months for a baby to be born..it's so everybody has time to adjust. ;)