So, I read someones mind today. Yeah, you should have beeen there. Let me start off by saying it seems that most of the intersting things that happen to me, occur at Starbucks. At least I think they're interesting...
Anyway, so I go to get my mocha this am (everything in moderation people) and I'm mindin my own business (except with my judgemental thoughts) and waiting in line I see her. Picture this, cute little 13 year old, I'd say. Bobbed hair, makeup on (which I have no issues with esp since she did a good job applying) pink and white striped polo, probably from some hip young American Eagle store, white Capri pants, both of these items fit her itty bitty body just fine. And then... I look down... and see, light pink with the brown THREE INCH high heeled shoes... Now, the shoes themselves, I would have worn. Adorable. I could see myself sportin those suckers with a cute skirt and top to work in the summer. Um, did you catch the part where this girl is MAYBE 13? So as you would imagine, I'm in shock, esp because her mother is with her...and thehy're headed to church. everyone that is dressed "up" at this starbucks, is headed to the church down the street. The place gets packed at 8:30am and 10:30am...
So there I am, in line, staring at this girls shoes, trying to figure out if I got something wrong. Mom? No. Maybe her age? No... no purse or anything. Her face was really young and innocent, did I say young already? I just don't get it.
I give the barista my order and go wait... and there stands another lady, wearing her sunglasses **anyone wearing sunglasses in starbucks, is OBVIOUSLY people watching. It's obvious, I do it myself. Today however, I didn't even bother putting my shades on.
The looking...she too couldn't stop. It was like driving by an accident and you get all that rubbernecking. It was just tooo much!
She was freaked out and appauled that this little girl's mother actually let her out of the house with hooker shoes on. Normally, fitted well with a good skirt and shirt, they would have been fine... her outfit though, not so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think every generation has little girls who try looking grownup too soon. The end result is, like you said, a not so nice 'hooker' look. Mom's who are being 'mom's' and not 'best friends' don't let the wee ones out the door looking like that tho. I think 'mean' mom's, the ones who make kids behave, teach them manners, ask questions etc. get better results than the 'I wanna be your best friend-shure yu can wear makeup when you're 10' kind.
GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!
For realz! Manners? Best friend moms? Good lawdy, you are sooo in my gray matter.
You want to know something REALLY funny? My mom was a best friend, not a mom. And I still didn't do ANY of the things kids are doing these days. In fact, I turned into the mom when I was 13, and took care of her.
H's mom is her best friend and... well, it's obvious. Just as a couple of our friends... their kids, best friends with mom, disaster!