I just talked to Babe. He wanted to know what he needs to do to be a more wonderful husband. What he needed to do to cheer up his sad wife. So, I told him how I feel. I understand there's a lot going on at work and I can be completely supportive of him sinking himself into that, but he's got to have a little respect, consideration... for me and what I'm going through. This is all new to me and I don't like feeling like I'm going through it alone. He's gotta be more supportive. He's got to understand that I have these waves of emotions that I'm not used to and I don't know how to control, if I can control them at all. It's not going to be easy, but neither is having a baby.
Babe is your typical guy. He's a great guy, but he needs to be reminded every once in a while that he's being a schlep. And then he straightens his act out for a couple months...and slowly slips back into that jackass mode...
I'm tired of thinking about all of this. I want to just be happy like I usually am. I want to think about my amazing dr appt yesterday and that beautiful heartbeat that I heard... I just want to be happy.
My mom should get her box this morning. I made her promise to call me before she dare open her box. Thing is, I have a conference call at 11 and then lunch at 12:30 - 2... I have peaked her curiosity so biggly (thanks tt) that I wonder if she'll be able to hold off if it comes while I'm away from my desk. She better or it'll all be ruined. See, my mom is the one that used to let us open ONE present on Christmas eve... The older she gets, the less patient she gets and opens the gifts as soon as she receives them. I guess that's fine because she lives alone and doesn't have anyone to sit around and watch her open them... but THIS one! I made her promise! We'll see!!! I'm excited!
Posted by
Tweb
at
10:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I used to think you couldn't change men. But then, my very best friend in my early college years got PG. So she married the baby daddy. At that time I really didn't like him, he wasn't very nice, he wasn't anything you'd think would make a good father or husband, but she married him anyway. The birth of that child did absolutely amazing things to him. He's a different person - one of the best dads I've ever seen.
Now, of course, this isn't anything like your Babe, because Babe's not that bad to begin with - but I think once you make it through the rough stuff, where you are struggling through some things he just can't imagine or realize to help you through - once you get to the other side, he's gonna be there more than ever. :) Or I'm gonna kick his ass.
I Love what you are doing w/ your mom!! Clever girl!
I would love for you to kick his ass... that would be great! and then we could go out on Peachtree Street for pizza. :)