++++++++++++++++++

Sy - So if you've been following me, you know that yesterday, I got Sy'd. I swear, I smelled like old man cologne ALL day long. On the way home, I drove with my sunroof open, which I rarely do unless it's hot out. It was 55 degrees. I was cold. I didn't care. I was going to vomit if I coudln't get that smell out of my nose. Sitting in traffic, I smelled exhaust. I was okay with that instead of smelling him. GAG. So this morning I pull into the parking lot at Starbucks and then it dawned on me, what if I run into Sy again? I HAVE to make up a story why he can't smooch my cheek. I'm sick? How bout telling him I'm PG and all perfume/cologne makes me throw up? No... that would probably hurt his feelings... damn what am I going to do!!?!??!?!

So I park. I scan the parking lot for his 150K Jag.... dont' see it... THERE!! I SEE IT! He's leaving! I BARELY missed him. Whew! I'm in the clear! Yes, this IS going to be a great day!

Pink Floyd before noon?
Alright, so I have nothing really against Pink Floyd, I just don't ever crave that sound... ever. So this morning as I am skipping out of my jeep, happy as all getup that I won't get Sy'd today, along comes a fairly nice car, window cracked, polished guy driving and then I hear it, BLARING out of the window, Pink Floyd. That really popular one (no I don't know the name) the one that's like 10 years long, Hello - is there anybody out there? And I laughed. Out loud. Belly laugh... almost had to stop myself and catch my breath. Who listens to Pink floyd at 7:30 in the morning if you're not stoned or getting stoned? Sorry, just so damn funny to me...

We made Enchiladas last night. Babe made himself laugh out loud which rarely happens. He said, Are you enjoying the enchilada/burrito/fajita thing? Yeah, that was it. He laughed at himself for that. I love him for his wacked out little pea brain. And then... hold on to your seats ladies and gents... he cleaned up. Uh huh. Everything. And I'm not talking about cleaning like taking everything off the table and putting it in the kitchen sink or on the counter. I mean, CLEANED. I walked into the kitchen to clean up after his "cleanup" and everything was in the dishwasher and he was wiping down the counters. {{Faint}} what did you do with my husband? He's really trying... which is why I love him so much.

Butterfly Ball - if you don't know what this is, it's a dance for fathers and daughters at this pretentious club downtown Chicago that babe gets roped into every year. And every year, I am the chauffeur! They both sit in the back and I deliver them downtown to the ball... all decked out in his suit, her in her dress, amongst all the other dads (who arrive in tux's and stretch limo's with their 4 yr olds) to go sit for 3 hrs watching her play with other kids, ruin the hair that her mother spent $80 in a salon downtown to have done for the ball, and the additional $20 for the manicure...while he sits, and has to socialize with people who talk about playing squash. WTF is that? Who cares? He tells them he plays soccer and they quickly realize they can't relate and move on. Good times, I tell ya. Here's their picture from 2 yrs ago. Sorry, but I think she reminds me of Jean Benet Ramsey. Yes, she's 4 here and wearing makeup.

And of course, my handsome man that refuses to wear a tux to the ball. I love him. ** Might I add, that she's wearing a corsage that I MADE because SOMEONE forgot to order her one. We panicked and went to the grocery store and they didn't have any small one's so they let me make my own. Turned out PERFECT. I am SO creative. LOL.

I made Brownies the night before last. They were soooo good. I brought some to work this morning, and they're not so good. How is that possible?

3 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    That picture is too cute!!!! Abso-freaking-lutely adorable! What a great husband too, I mean - wiping down the counters???? Did you drug him? abuse him? :) Cry?? Kidding! Love you! Mean it!

    seriously - what a great guy! He's giving Baby a run for that damn husband of the year award.  

  2. tt said...

    You are such the Mom! I'm thinking the craving for the brownies left..probably as quick as they came. Ah, the cravings!! So.much.fun!!
    Very cute pic! You've got a real hunky guy there! Can't wait to see who wee one looks like! Probably H?  

  3. Tweb said...

    I didn't have to drug him or anything! And he was like that ALL WEEKEND!

    I hope the lil monkey looks like me. H had a ginormous head when she was little and quite frankly, I'm not excited about a giant head meeting my vajayjay!!! LOL.