I've been Sy'd. What does that mean, you ask? It means at Starbucks this morning, a client of ours, a good friend of my boss, and a very nice (perhaps perverted - fly to Vegas with me for an industry function and I"ll fly you back on my jet) guy came up and smooched me on the cheek. I don't mind this usually. I'm a very affectionate person. I love hugs, I love smooches, I'm a touchy person. I cant help it. But this particular gentleman, loves his (old man) cologne. And as you can imagine, first thing in the morning, means it's really fresh. So when he smooches you on the cheek, he leaves his scent on your face... for the ENTIRE.DAY. Burned into your nose and quite possibly stained your skin. Gag.... I've been Sy'd. That should help with the headache I have right now.

One of the guys in my office had a round table event today. So what does he do to prepare? Yesterday, at 4:30, he informs me that he's printing out his presentation to hand out. 36 copies. No problem right? Well because it's got to be on our ridiculous company blue background (which is so damn outdated and tired that I'm surprised anyone could take it seriously) it takes... oh say 40 minutes to print ONE copy! So I told him I'd let it print all night and then I'd come in early and put it together. Well of course I ran out of Cyan toner and it only printed 7 copies. Nice huh? First of all, I went over his presentation last night and it's TERRIBLE. He's usually a very professional guy and this... maybe it's just me because Babe is a ROCKSTAR when it comes to presentations, but this was so sad... and wordy... and inconsistent... I texted him and told him that... he didn't make any changes.

Whatever, I tried. But what I want to know is why in the hell do you wait until 4:30 the night before to prepare for the damn forum? You're presenting to maybe 50 people... don't you want to be prepared? He should have sent his presentation to me. Babe has taught me a few tricks about how to make things "look pretty" and rope in your audience. But no, I sit here and shake my head, thinking about him standing up there, looking completely polished in his suit with a cruddy presentation, not enough copies for everyone in the room... shame....

1 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Why aren't men more like women??!! Their thinking process is so off the mark sometimes...ha ha...like I should know.
    Hello, tt, you're thinking process is ..where?
    It wouldn't be as much fun if they were more like us though would it.
    Men!