Quitters

I hate that. I'm wearing quitters today. (socks that won't stop slipping under my heel) So now, I'm going to be driven nuts all day because of these buggers.

We started watching the Departed last night. Yes, started. This movie is 2 hrs 20 min long. No way we were going to stay awake for the whole thing. It would REALLY have to catch and hold our attention. So far... it's okay. I find myself stressing about movies like this. You know, everyone is involved somehow and you know the whole plot is going to blow up and the characters you like are probably going to either be killed or punished for being bad... My taste in movies has changed so much.

I decided to annunciate. LOL. I'm going to start saying "good morning" to people in the morning and "good afternoon" to those in the afternoon. No more of this mumbling BS. Or the squeaky HI! Smile and say good morning. Makes me happy when I can actually squeak it out. Which isn't often. But when it does come out, I usually get a smile out of people. Good at eye contact and smiling... it rubs off easily.

Researched kids bikes today. Sorry, but I don't think I"m ready to cough up $200 for a bike for a kid who's going to ride it MAYBE every other weekend and grow out of in a year or so. $80, no problem. Let her Mother who likes "stuff"... or rather "expensive stuff" buy those for her... not my deal. Kids tear things up. Kids leave bikes laying around the neighborhood. Kids lose things. Kids get things stolen... not happening in my house. Maybe when she gets older and shows that she actually likes riding her bike and takes it out a lot, I'll invest in a slightly more expensive bike. When she can show a little responsibility for the thing, I'll be more than happy to get her something she wants, something she's actually done research on...no problemo! Until then, her Mother can be the Label-whore. :)

2 comments:

  1. tt said...

    I like that word, quitters; i usually call them plain ol' sliders. I hate quittersliders!
    So annoying.  

  2. Tweb said...

    Ha! Sliders are those White Castle little hamburgers...those suckers do not stop to collect $200, they DIRECTLY down to jail!