So, I'm back. What a vacation! I love visiting my in laws. Always such a great time. Great hosts. Great everything!
We landed Thursday night and my sister in law left her car at the airport for us to just hop in, and drive home! We didn't end up going home though. We went into downtown St. Pete to see...er, rather hear, the band Live. They were playing at this outdoor place and we went to a bar that was right next door where you can sit out back and literally, listen as if you were AT the show. Great times. Great people watching. M & M (inlaws) showed up at the bar we were at and hung out with us for a while. She's 6 months PG and she looks so cute with that belly of hers!
Friday we dropped M off at his office and took his car back to the house. Went out on the boat for a bit, the sun burned the clouds away and there we were, out on the boat, 80 degrees and sunny... not a care in the world. We headed down to the race track around lunchtime and met up with M, tooled around the track, took some great pictures, drank some really crappy beer, enjoyed the scenes. M had one of his work buddies come with us since the pg lady didn't want to subject here baby to the noise. Well, this other guy, P, got pretty stupid drunk. Annoying stupid drunk. By the time we finished the race, had M come pick us up, take us out to dinner, back to the house, this dude drank some serious booze and was annoying! Insisted on driving the boat - uh, hello drunk ass, there's a reason we A. don't let drunk people drive and B. they put the channel markers up!!! Can you say it's too shallow over there? Dumbass. So, we get to a calm spot, stop the boat, Babe tackled his bro, they both fall in the water and BOTH wack their heads on the bottom of the boat when they come up for air. Oyyoyoy... what am I to do with these fools? After we get everyone back in the boat, we headed back to the house. THIS is the worst part about the entire trip:
My angels hat. My Anaheim Angel's baseball cap flew off my head, into the bay, never to be seen again. I was BEYOND upset. I cried. Not in front of everyone of course, but I did. Why? Because it was the first thing Babe ever bought me, from the first big "thing" we ever did together, when I was in California. It's gone. Never to be seen again. I'm still sad and a lil sick to my stomach about it. I know, I know, it's only a hat, right? No. It was more. And it can never be replaced. I don't even think the angels are in Anaheim anymore. So, that sucked BIG time. So that was that. I bought another cap at the race, but it's still not the same. It never will be. Boo.
Ugh... on to more entertaining things. After we came back home, I went right to my room to sob like a baby, and I heard M helping P get situated on the couch because he was too drunk to drive and all that jazz. So, maybe 3 minutes later I hear M say "NO! just STAY THERE. DON"T MOVE!!!" And then shortly after that I realized, drunk boy laid down on the couch and PUKED on himself! Ha. Still makes me laugh thinking about it. Fool. And M cleaned it up like he had been doing it forever. So he gave P some different clothes and threw his in the washer, along with the blanket and a boat load of towels... good stuff. He felt like a total fool the next morning, which he should have! Dumbass. You want what? Crown and Coke? Ok. And what? A Tecate with a lime? Ok. And huh? Prankster beer with dinner? Ok. And wha? More Crown and coke? Sure!
Ugh, rookie. What should be interesting is watching the way he works with M now... a lil embarrassing I would think! Good times, good times.
OH! And, they took the boat out, BEFORE having anything to drink and M told P to get on the bow, hold the rope and grab the dock when he pulled the boat in. Easy enough, right? Well, dumbass apparently stands on his toes because M jumped off the back of the boat onto the dock, and apparently the shifting of the boat, caused P to FALL in the water! Yes, fully clothed, blackberry in his pocket... dipshit is lucky he didn't hurt himself. He did however, kill the phone. So M had to give him some dry clothes to wear.
Saturday, I sat down on the dock, drank my coffee, enjoyed the sun warm up the water in the morning. We tooled around the house and headed into town for lunch and more races. Oh, did I mention that my dumb ass wore new flops all weekend, which by, say Friday afternoon, had ripped blisters into my poor tootsies!?!?! Yep, that's me. So I band aided and taped the toes all weekend. That's a good look.
Racing was so cool. I will get some pics uploaded as soon as I can. I have about 300 so it's going to take me some time to sort through them all. Practice sessions, qualifying, the pits, the drifters, the loud cars, the smell of burning tires, getting dropped off at the races from the in laws boat, it was all just too cool. I could go every year and I swear this would be just as exciting every single time.
the only thing that sucks about this trip, which is the same way we did it last year too, was the part where we get up at the buttasscrackofdawn to leave Monday AM. I was on a plane this morning at 6am, it's 11 now and I'm at work... Babe actually stayed home this AM and laid on the couch, trying to catch some Z's before heading into work. Lucky boy. So, I'm TIRED!!!
Must get more caffeine or something...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally understand about the hat thing. I'm sorry, snif-snif...I lost my first set of wedding rings! I got new ones but it wasn't the same. Firsts can never be replaced but thank God we have our memories right?
Awww, your rings?!~?!? THAT sucks!
It's funny how we get so attached to the little things though. :(
I actually cried thinking, what if I forget about the time we went to the game? What if I forget about the Sebring we rented and changed into shorts into in the parking lot? What if I forget about the BEST nacho's I've ever had at a ballpark? Boo.
If we forget, we'll not know it so it doesn't really matter...right?! Even if someone reminds us of it..the emotional attachment will be gone. I think that's a good thing actually.