*********************

I'm reluctant to say this... but I think SUMMERS HERE!! Okay okay, maybe that's jumping the gun a bit because winter in Chicago generally lasts from November until the end of April, sometimes later. But it's beautiful out!!! Raining as all hell, humid, cloudy...and I LOVE it!

We had flash floods last night. My little town was hit hard. We have a river that runs through the town and it is WAY flooded. My back yard, my street, my neighborhood... all flooded. HOpefully we'll only get sprinkle showers today instead of the big storms. But really, I don't care. I LOVE rain storms, LOVE lightening and LOVE thunder. I love sitting out on my porch when it's raining or sitting in my gazebo when it's raining... the smell... oh god it's enough to energize me which is what I needed! I love it!
This is my gazebo and my lake of a back yard. Lovely, no? Apparently we need to have some dirt dumped back there to level things out.

They said it was going to be raining, cloudy and icky today. as I look out my office window, it's sunny as all getup. Not a cloud in sight. The sucky part is we're stuck in the office all day because of a lunch meeting. BOO!!!!

I am in such a fantastic mood today. I think it started yesterday, man did I get my fill of ETK's blog, which is always a great thing. Just a great day in general. AND, not that I am counting, or anyone else is counting, but only one week until St. Pete! I can't wait!! Woohooo!! it was 80 there yesterday. And here I am happy with 62 degrees out! Funny, no?

3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Love the gazebo! Our back yard looks the same after a big rain...too much clay.
    BTW......love the new fresh face pic! :)  

  2. tt said...

    I love storms!! LOVE THEM!! the more it thunders the happier I am...great sleeping weather..not too thrilled when we have to get in the 'fraidy' hole, but at least it's there when we need it! Of course, I'm not too thrilled when we lose power either...hummm, but I LOVE STORMS!!  

  3. Tweb said...

    Fresh face = drunk face. That was mexico in December. I love going on vacation, I never wear makeup!

    Storms make me happy. It's an indication that summer is walking up our sidewalk, pushing spring aside...gettoutamyway!!!!

    Like this morning, I was actually woken up by BIRDS! Chirpin out in my bird feeders, all happy, singin away in the weeee hours. I love those birdies!