Quite Possibly ADD

Yesterday in a meeting, I was about to nod off in front of everyone. Just.so.boring. I hate being in meetings that are boring. So then I start fidgeting to keep myself awake. Which I also hate doing. Why can't I pay attention? Either my mind wanders or I want to take a nap, eyes get all heavy and stuff... I cant' remember the last time I was in such a boring meeting. And it wasn't a meeting that should have been boring! It was a meeting about potential BIG changes in my company. Still, there's me ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......

And then I thought about reading. I LOVE a good book that grabs my attention and keeps me there. Like books that scare the crap out of you in the first 10 pages and then never lets go of you. Those are great. The problem is that first of all, I don't have time to read without being interrupted. Then there's the whole, finding a good scary book to keep MY attention. I feel it's the books job. And then there's the books that start out to be a great read, but then turn boring and you just don't finish them. I've done that a number of times. Oddly enough, I don't feel bad about not finishing any of them. I tried reading clinton's book because for some reason, as a dude, I kinda like the guy, but man his book is HUGE And BO-RING. I guess that's to be expected though. He wasn't interesting until he got all salt and peppered on us.

And THAT Thought led me to the whole "writing" a novel. I just can't imagine sitting down and writing a 400+ page book about ONE single story, sticking to a subject, without falling asleep, hitting my head on my keyboard, waking up an hour later with the letters T, Y, G, H, B & N stuck to my face. (you looked to see where those letters were and if it were possible, didn't you?) There seem to be a lot of people on chat boards that are writing novels and I just find it interesting that you don't bore yourself to death. I mean, I can write the best of the best random thoughts or the steamiest of steamy sex stories, sometimes even funny stories, but not 400 + pages worth... Granted, by the end of this year, you'll probably be able to print out all these random thoughts and get that 400+ pages, but it will be a bunch of just that, randomness. Thoughts that get lost, forgotten, replaced... (poor thoughts) I guess I'm immortalizing them by writing them down, huh? That's a scary thought!

Bottom line, it's Friday and I'm bored out of my mind here at work. I was thinking about my trip to starbucks tomorrow AM. If I was feeling frisky or funny or random, I'd bring my laptop with me and write some stuff, but I doubt that will happen. Not before my coffee, that's for sure. Oh, and my damn coffee better be made more gooder than this mornings cup o' shit I got. Bleck! (yes, I meant to say more gooder, I find it amuses me to use words wrongly like that. :)

1 comments:

  1. tt said...

    yes, I looked! Of course...you did that KNOWING I would...hussy!
    I'd read thee book if you wrote it. There are 2 types of ppl I'm jealous of...well there's more but talent wise it's writers and singers. I'm usually desperate for something really good to read cuz I love to read...and I can't carry a tune in a bucket most days, except in the tub where I am surprisingly good..ha ha..
    My Sis writes well...She keeps saying we're going to write a book about our MOM....ha...it'll be listed under DRAMA .....
    So go ahead and write..