Movies

So this weekend I figured out that I have a strange taste in movies:

  • Closer
  • Derailed
  • Match Point

Huh...all of these are about affairs. But not just affairs...twisted affairs, screwing with your mind, kick his/her ass for being such scum, I can't believe that just happened kind of movie. I think I actually like these kinds of movies because I used to love scary movies but Babe doesn't at all, and I sure as hell am not going to watch a scary movie by myself. So these keep you on the edge of your seat, in a kinda sorta scary way... without scaring the crap out of you. Well, not the “I’m too scared to go in my basement alone” type of scared. These flicks could make you paranoid about your loved one, if you don’t feel secure in your relationship. I have no issues in that department so these types of freaky deaky movies have taken the spot of scary movies for me. Babe doesn't really care for them, thinks they're boring and unrealistic, but he tolerates them for me. More so than scary movies!

This AM, got to starbucks EARLY, got out of my car and there was Alex. My favorite little troubled barista. He was just getting in to work too. I tell you, this kid is so cute with his funked out wardrobe. He told me that he passed out at 5am and then woke up at 6am and got in his car to go to work! Ahhh, to be that young again and have that much energy to be able to pull off a night like that... His pants...were very interesting this morning. I think they actually made me adore him all that much more. He's a skinny scrawny lil guy. Skinny legs and these were those skinny pants, black with some design on them. That look just cracks me up, but he's more than comfortable with it which is what is so great about it all. Told him it was good he took a nap before coming in to work. Poor kid, can't imagine what his day is going to be like! hungover? Tiring? Major case of dragonass? Funny stuff. I have to ask him what kind of music he's into, I bet it's quite interesting.


3 comments:

  1. tt said...

    Youth is deffinitely wasted on the young!!!  

  2. tt said...

    I'll have to rent those...I like suspense ONLY if there's NO dismemberment!!! uck!  

  3. Tweb said...

    Well, Match Point, has a moment or two, but not like watching someone hack off some fingers with wire cutters or anything nasty-torture like of that fashion. That one...has a not so normal ending and oddly enough, I really liked it.

    Derailed, has a couple beat-me-up moments, but I don't think any dismemberment. Total mind screw though.

    Closer, is just a mind screw. I dont think there's any violence in it unless you consider mental abuse. :)