Saturday was a pretty relaxed day. Babe and I woke up and just laid in bed for a bit. The lil monster came in and laid with us, just chatting about what we're going to do for the day. She decided we needed to go out for breakfast to Walker Brothers. Good call, yummmm.... Then off to do some shopping at Costco and then home. We ate breakfast so late that we didn't even bother with lunch. Well, except for H. She's an eating machine. I guess I would be too if I played as much as she does.
She watched movies with a neighborhood friend. This particular friend that she had over is a hellion. Seriously. In fact, H knows this so when her friend showed up with an orange soda, she took it from her and put it in the kitchen and told her she could only drink it in there. THATS funny. We've instilled in our little one that she is responsible for her friends actions in the house. THey do something wrong, she'll get in trouble for it. So she does well with that whole babysitting thing. Good girl! Entertaining too.
What else? Not much, I guess, cooked out, did some work on the puter at home. I know, I should have logged on and given my sweet readers something to help them fall asleep to but I'm a bad weekend blogger. I can't help it. I can't hold thoughts long enough to get them online. I get interrupted too much and end up losing it.
Dropped the lil monster off at her mom's house at 9 and went out for cocktails. We only stayed out for an hour and a half (a bottle of wine later) and headed home. Good stuff. Great day. Easy, relaxing. Oh, and at our cocktail hour, we had this discussion with some friends that happened to be out drinking as well. Two guys. Video game playing guys. My guess, there's a little herb involved with those games, which I have no issues with. Leads to conversations like this one:
Me: What are you doing for Easter B?
B: Ugh, goin with my girl's fam to church.
Me: Really? That should be fun (insert sarcasm here) What kind of church?
B: I have no idea, but I know they're big on going so they'll be singing and I won't be and I'll look like an ass.
Me: Yeah, I hate that feeling. At least you're going, that's nice of you.
B's friend T: What religion are you?
Me: I have my own beliefs. Really though, aren't all religions kinda aiming for the same thing?
T: Yeah, it's like everyone has a god and a devil, like that lion king movie.
Me: Yeah, Mufasa and Scarface!
T: Exactly!
Babe: No, not Scarface, his mom...what was her name? She was the evil one.
T: YEAH! IT was a woman! Figures.
Me: Zeera! You're right, the devil = women. God = man. Makes sense now. :)
B: Great, now I'll be singing The Lion King songs in church.
THIS is the kind of thing you talk about when you have a child and talk to someone who basically still IS a child. Good times. When you start talking about Disney movies, you know it's time to call it a night. It's bad enough that our "inside stories" or "inside Jokes" revolve around movies like lion king, brother bear, Nemo, etc.
Posted by
Tweb
at
9:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)