Well well well.... I couldn't help myself this morning. I ran, in heels, into Starbucks, splashing through the slush on the parking lot, laughing. And everyone... EVERYONE in the store was watching me, laughing, and I even got a comment from a customer "It's nice to see someone enjoying this weather." I can't help it, I told him, it's APRIL! Good stuff. I don't know though, whether they were more amazed that I was running in heels or that I was enjoying myself. Huh.
And my shoes are wet now. :)
So.. here we go:
Day 2 of the Diet:
I wasn't hungry at all yesterday. But I couldn't help eat as much of the strawberries, pineapple and grapes that I could handle. They were just soooo good. Babe said I should be hungry... and THEN, at lunch it hit me. I was starving! Granted, it was probably 30 minutes later than I usually eat, but still... my stomach was like, FEED ME NOW! So I did. A nice leafy salad with tomato and cucumber. Good stuff, but I felt so overly stuffed... it was strange. Then I didn't eat anything in the afternoon. Just wasn't hungry. So last night then, Babe got our taxes done, which is enough to get both of us needing a drink, and I had that bitch of a client on the phone... so we did just that... twice, two bottles of wine! Happy hour! Truly was happy. We ended up eating at the restaurant, I had grilled Mahi with grilled veggies and he had a salad. Not a bad dinner at all... I needed something solid so I cheated and had fish. Better to cheat with fish than beef, that's for sure!
Needless to say, someone woke up with a hangover this AM. Apparently that whole veggie thing, isn't enough for the booze to "stick" to, so it stuck to his gray matter! LOL!
All in all, it was a pretty great evening. Even though we aren't really supposed to be drinking wine OR eating fish. I don't look at it as cheating though. It's just my version of the diet. I mean, I haven't stopped drinking my mocha in the am. But I have given up caffeine after that.
Tonight is going to be a challenge. On more than one level. I have a food party to go to. Kinda like a sex toy party or a tupper ware party... there's only one thing I plan to buy, and that's for my mom. Beer Batter Bread. It really is pretty great. You buy the mix and boy is it easy. My mom will love that. So my first challenge is trying not to eat too much. I won't have a choice but to try things but if I eat too much, I'll end up feeling sick. Secondly, it's the first time I will have met all the women in my neighborhood. Yeah, I'm not too excited about that. I mean, sure it'll be nice to meet them all, but I don't have anything in common with 90% of the women I meet. In fact, they take one look at me and decide they don't like me for one reason or another. So I have that challenge to look forward to. Hopefully I can show up late, leave early and get out unscathed.
Posted by
Tweb
at
10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love Mahi! yummy.
I can't beleave that 90% of the women you meet don't like you! What's not to like?...You're blond,tan and skinny; have perky itie-bitties and a little bubble butt; beautiful white teeth behind a lovely smile...put that together w/ a wonderful dose of humor and just enough sarcasm to make things interesting and......OHHHHH...that's it huh!
Jealous Bitches!!!!!!
We love you !!!
EXACTLY! Haters. Whatev.
I try to be nice to everyone I meet because, personally, I don't like mean people. If they choose to be jelly of me, so be it, I can't control any of that. Oh, and apparently, being nice just pisses them off even more. I don't get it.