I am SO friggin emotional today. Good god, I hope it's AF, toying with my emotions. Seriously, they were talking on the radio about the BS (which I'm REALLY not going to get into) about the troops time being extended another 15 months...which PISSES me off, but I'm not going to talk about it. Anyway, a woman called, she was from TN. She met and married her husband there, they moved to Texas to be with her family and he was just about finished with the army and was going to take advantage of the GI bill and go to school. Well, his fam had issues and they moved up here to Chicago to be closer to them. Well, he gets a fed ex that says, welcome back...for 15 more months. They have a 9 month old son. She's here now, with his family, in a city she knows nothing about...without her husband, basically raising this baby on her own.
This story, made me almost cry on the way to work this morning. You could hear her heart breaking over the radio and it just about killed me.
Second instant, listening to a song on my new CD, Mat Kearny, "holding on to you holding on to me, this is all I need" made me miss Babe so bad, I again, almost burst into tears. Now, at this point in time, it was 46 minutes since I last saw him. WTF?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AWWW, You're so empathetic with ppl. That's a great quality to have. There aren't many stories that concern military families and being away from loved ones that are happy. Peace time or not. Being a military spouse is one of the hardest jobs on earth, next to being the actual service person!!! It can also be one of the most rewarding and memorable experiennces of your life.
I sometimes miss the closeness of being in a military community.
I sleep better now tho!