So, seems that there's a lot of blog envy going on in this bloggers world. I'm not going to lie (not that you would know if I was, because you can't see or feel my ears which get hot and red when I lie), I have it. I've had it ever since I laid eyes on ETK's blog. But that's no secret, she's random and that's one of the things I love so much about her. That and the fact that she's got by far the cutest voice/laugh, I've ever heard on the phone.

What you don't hear about is Blog Anger, Blog frustration... I don't know what else to call it. Say you find a blog. You love reading it, whether it be funny, articulate, political, deep, shallow, soft, hard, whatever you wanna call it, you enjoy it for what it is. And you go back probably every day to read what this blogger is thinking, in fact, you look forward to it. Click favorites and shortcut right on over... to the same entry that was there yesterday, or two days ago or a week ago... Doesn't that piss you off? I mean, not in a - I wanna bust something up - kind of way but in a - come on! I was hoping to start my day off fresh with some randomness, some electric thoughts, something to kick start the gray matter! - kind of way. And you walk away, head hanging down, frustrated, sad, angry, bugged... why oh why don't they post every day?

I have a difficult time coming to terms with the fact that not everyone has a job like mine where I can hop on every time I have a random, boring thought, to torture you all with every day... several times a day, as a matter of a fact. But still, I find it funny, after being frustrated, that I get such a wave of emotions over something/someone I've never met, am not involved with and probably never will be... Food for thought. Blogs, even more so than your own, pull out the strangest of emotions. And we feed off of each other, which is even more interesting.

Now, I'm sure there are some bloggers out there that have no interest in what I have to say or not to say. Not everyone can be like me, sucking the life out of the several blogs I look forward to reading every day.

Don't get me started on blog etiquette. How do we know? Is there a rule book that says "no, you cannot put their link in your blog unless you've left comments on their site, or you've had idol conversation with them, or they've linked you.... " "Yes, feel free to comment on any public blog, if you feel the need to do so." What about the lifestyle of bloggers/commenters? Do people get Snarky? Snip back at you for posting your thoughts? Is it a community or is it just a bunch of strangers in passing? I don't feel like it, because I talk so much, but I guess I'm still so new at this.

HA! There's another one, knew V new. WTF? Why put the K in the front if you're not even going to use it! Like Salmon. saaalllmmmunnnn... it's there, why not use it? Pffft!

2 comments:

  1. ETK said...

    You know, as little as I post (believe me I WANT to post more) I totally get what you mean! On the weekends I check out your blog like 6-40 times and am soooooooooo disappointed each time I see that last Friday post. :(

    I'm sorry I don't post more. I love you though!  

  2. tt said...

    See, that's the pressure....
    I am in complete agreement with you about looking forward to reading something new and there not being anything. I TRY and use my fav word (empathy)and imagine what kind of trauma they must be going through that has kept them from posting to their fans!!! Geesh the horror of the moment...who will call and deliver the bad news? I'm feeling so bad for her/he/she/it/them and just hope everything will get better soon so I can be totally selfish and read something! {teehee}think she got the hint?
    WTF, we'll make up our own rules as we go along.