What a fantastic weekend. I'm going to go backwards because yesterday was such a great day, it deserves top billing.
Woke up late, laid in bed watching some stupid tv show that my sweet Babe is trying to get me hooked on. **It's not going to work. It's about Henry the 8th and all that jazz, lots of killing, fucking, swearing, insulting, etc. Then again, the main character is pretty hot. Well, he's got nice eyes. ** Either way, I may watch a little, but probably not going to get hooked on it. It's called Tudors and is Showtimes answer to HBO's Rome, which is kind of a spinoff of the Soprano's if you ask me. Fills that violent, who is the most powerful, how many people do you have on your side, type show. Babe likes them. Me, eh, I could live without them.
Anyway, went to sbux, which I felt EXTREMELY under dressed for. Quite funny actually. Everyone apparently goes to church and then to starbucks afterwards. Dresses, suits, slacks, hair all done up... and then there's me: Showered, hair not done, green cargo pants, Funky sneakers, Peach long sleeve shirt (showing my fantastic tahtah's by the way) and my nike jacket. The oddball. At least I was comfortable, unlike the hooch in front of me with her nasty blonde extensions, cheap high sling backs that don't really fit her, bowed legs, linen skirt, skanked out shirt... she was a real sight. And tall. And rude. But whatever. Give me my mocha so I can go continue being comfy.
Went back home, made Babe and myself breakfast burrito's: Eggs, chorizo, Black beans, salsa, Chahula sauce and of course, mexican cheese. YUM-MEEEE.
Watched the Formula 1 Malaysian Grand Prix. Great race. In fact, Fred won! (also the name of my jeep) Fernando Alonso! Go Fred!
We also watched the Champ car race in Las Vegas. First time in the streets. Looked like a pretty cool track. Stupid Graham Rahal... You know, I was just saying that I have more respect for this kid than the other punk in the IRL, because he's taking the proper steps to make it up to the big leagues. The other punk, Marco Andretti, bypassed all the other "steps" and went right to the IRL. I guess it's good to have a rich/famous papa. Anyway, Graham, didn't even make the first turn in the race. There was a bridge that covered the front straightaway and on one side, the concrete barriers dipped out maybe a foot or two. Well, dipshit smacked right into it going into the first turn and then had the nerve to say someone pushed him into the wall! Uh, certainly doesn't look that way on the replay!
Dumb dumb kids. This is why he's in the Champ car series. It's good for him. Marco needs to be right next to him. Get some experience kid, and then come talk to us.
We ran out to go to DSW, which was closed (I told Babe it would be, duh, it's easter) Then to get a GC from some restaurant for one of his guys who was a rockstar at work this quarter. Home again... I started cooking. Ham, au gratin potatos (from scratch, my first time ever) and green bean casserole. I must say, it all turned out pretty good which is surprising. Especially the potato's. Invited our neighbor over for dinner. Didn't realize he was home alone this weekend or we would have made him hang with us more. Nice guy. Then we made him take home ALL the leftovers because Babe and I are veggie detoxing this week. Nothing but veggies and fruit. (and of course my mocha's because that's a minor addiction I don't think I can give up just yet.) The detox diet, should get me into my jeans really quickly. If it doesn't, I'll cry. Seriously. :)
What else... Oh, cleaned up the kitchen and then headed upstairs and gave Babe a massage. He asked me if I've been reading up on that whole massage thing. Nope, I'm just good like that. Dayum I'm a good wife!
Then of course, had to watch Soprano's. I didn't think it was that great. Then again, I lost interest in that show years ago. I think Babe's hoping they'll go out with a bang, literally. We'll see though. HBO has been promising to kill off this show for what seems like years now.
Went to bed around 9:30. I fell right asleep. I'm sure Babe was up pretty late though. I love going to bed early!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dang, i missed some races?! Thanks for the update. You know How I love IRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!